Author Topic: Got my bike back together - Lots of upgrades!!! (YouTube Vid Added)  (Read 9716 times)

Offline jcm3

Re: Got my bike back together - Lots of upgrades!!! (YouTube Vid Added)
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2014, 08:11:09 AM »
Were did you buy all the stuff to upgrade your front brake? Were you able to get it all at one place or did you have to buy right from EBC and ride engineering?
Art

Hey Art, I got the parts separately from two places.  The setup works great.

I got the EBC kit from Dennis Kirk, because they had it cheaper than I could find it anywhere else.  

https://www.denniskirk.com/ebc/front-contour-series-oversize-brake-rotor.p1904790.prd/1904790.sku

I can't remember where I got the Ride Engineering CR-style brake line from.  I just did a quick search, and they have it at Motosport.com for $105.  

http://www.motosport.com/2001-kawasaki-kx500--ride-engineering-front-brake-line-kit

One small thing about the RE brake line kit.  Make sure to mount the red bracket farther to the wheel side of the fork guards than I did in the pic above, otherwise it will put the brake line at an angle from the bracket through the white plastic brake line mounting bracket up on the fork leg.  A few weeks after I got it installed, that white plastic bracket broke off.  I figured it was just from being old, so I replaced it with a new one.  The new one after a few rides was cocked up at a funny angle, so having the brake line not go directly up through that plastic mount will put stress on it and break the bracket, and probably eventually wear the brake line cover out faster.  I had to move mine so it went more straight up through the white bracket, so now I have a set of extra holes in the fork guard.  Oh well, live and learn.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 08:16:49 AM by jcm3 »
2000 KX500 - Tom Morgan motor, RG3 suspension, EBC oversized front brake rotor - lots-o-fun

Offline Rock_93

Re: Got my bike back together - Lots of upgrades!!! (YouTube Vid Added)
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2015, 04:27:40 PM »
Thank you I am going to do some ordering.