Author Topic: KIPS  (Read 7169 times)

Offline jBernard

Re: KIPS
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2014, 06:59:25 AM »
im doing something similar. opposite side though.
is that a linear actuator? everyone one i saw was low torque, and the throw (travel) wasnt near enough.
doing stepper/servo motor on mine.
'09 KX500AF - never ending project
'14 KTM 300SX

Offline vagassasson

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2014, 07:27:38 AM »
is that a linear actuator? everyone one i saw was low torque, and the throw (travel) wasnt near enough.
Throw appears to be long enough and it has the power to operate the kips propperly. This one came off another project and I can't even figure out where to buy them like this anymore

Offline jBernard

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2014, 07:15:13 AM »
Throw appears to be long enough and it has the power to operate the kips propperly. This one came off another project and I can't even figure out where to buy them like this anymore

is that one yours? can you get me the info/part #'s off of it.
i'll go measure total throw needed on my KIPS here in a few but i was looking at the specs and they dont seem to have much throw at all.

also, if thats a linear actuator, then its not going to have 'steps'. as in it will just extend to its max, and then when power is off retract. you wont be able to stop it along the way and torque hold a position.
there are linear actuators out there with stepper/servo motors that do this. but every one ive seen is super slow. no way you could manipulate kips like the governor rod is doing.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 09:10:48 PM by jBernard »
'09 KX500AF - never ending project
'14 KTM 300SX