Author Topic: Crank bearing oem picture  (Read 3999 times)

Offline dave916

Crank bearing oem picture
« on: September 09, 2014, 10:42:11 AM »
Anyone got a photo of crank main bearing {oem}   
{thanks}

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
Re: Crank bearing oem picture
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 11:10:37 AM »
I'm not 100% positive but I think this is correct.

Main bearing replacement:
(NSK) 6306 ( Not sure what OEM rating is, but I run C3 rated) X2
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 11:13:23 AM by sandblaster »
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline dave916

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 10:16:01 PM »
Thanks sandblaster,
I was hoping someone had a new one,
Did u notice any differance in the quailty of the OEM bearing compared to other 6306 c3
ie/ cage colur  [greyish], rivet finish, spining freeer,

I am starting to think OEM spec bearing are a far higher quailty than the bearing shop 6306 we are curently fitting

Offline alward25

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 11:35:02 PM »
It depends on the brand.  Koyo is good but SKF and FAG are also very good too, better IMO.  If you buy OEM your also also paying Kawasaki to pull it out of the original box and put it in a Kawasaki one.  The bearing house will sell you a good one if you ask for it.
"Let there be light"

Offline dave916

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 01:52:00 AM »
It depends on the brand.  Koyo is good but SKF and FAG are also very good too, better IMO.  If you buy OEM your also also paying Kawasaki to pull it out of the original box and put it in a Kawasaki one.  The bearing house will sell you a good one if you ask for it.

Thats not what i am taking about!
My point is that the i think Kawasaki koyo OEM 6306 is a much higher spec than koyo ,skf, fag or anyother 6306{differant cage, better rivets} spins easeir} more suit to a two stroke oiling
Koyo make far higher spec crank bearings for honda kawasaki etc which u can not buy in a bearing shop 
What i am looking for it someone to compare a new OEM  6306 to another leading brand

i have already got bearing shop  koyo nsk and fag 6306s and dont want to fork out 40quid on a oem bearing  :-D 

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 02:59:14 AM »
I used NSK in my last build.
There is no way I would have used them if I thought there was any difference in quality.
Then again, testing bearings for quality is generally well beyond my red neck abilities.
So we will have to wait and see what my motor does over the next few years.
I know Motorrad and a few other guys here use non OEM bearings with good success.
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline dave916

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 03:22:13 AM »
I used NSK in my last build.
There is no way I would have used them if I thought there was any difference in quality.
Then again, testing bearings for quality is generally well beyond my red neck abilities.
So we will have to wait and see what my motor does over the next few years.
I know Motorrad and a few other guys here use non OEM bearings with good success.
A visual check would see the differance {darker  cage, better rivets and spins far easeir}
Its not something i thought was possible until i was building a cr motor a few days ago [the differance was huge between honda oem and others brands}
Maybe kawasaki dont demand as high spec as honda do on there oem bearings {the kawasaki already have bigger main than the cr5 

« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 03:24:23 AM by dave916 »