Author Topic: DEP cr500 conversion pipe  (Read 4231 times)

Offline chums

DEP cr500 conversion pipe
« on: August 26, 2014, 01:38:41 AM »
I noticed DEP makes a conversion pipe and silencer for a cr 450/500 aluminum frame convertion. I was wondering if anyone has tried this set up on a kx450/500 conversion? I saw the post where someone uses DEP on a 250f but I didn't see if it started as this conversion pipe or a stock cr500 pipe. Any help would be appreciated!

Also if anyone out there is making cone pipes for the kx450/500 please let me know as I may be interested in that as well. I have a SH gnarly but I'm looking for another....

Offline jBernard

Re: DEP cr500 conversion pipe
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 07:20:21 AM »
what about the one you can get thru Service Honda?
'09 KX500AF - never ending project
'14 KTM 300SX

Offline chums

Re: DEP cr500 conversion pipe
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 09:48:01 PM »
The one I have from Service Honda is OK but doesnt fit perfect and I didnt like that it has the radiator dent on top. The back side (near motor) had been dented before I bought it so it would clear the motor and so you could thread it through everything to actually get it on the bike. The silencer mounts are not mounted to the frame but instead to a bracket then mounted to the frame, it's only 1/2-3/4 of an inch off so I want to try and fix it so it bolts right to the frame and looks factory. I may have an adapter made to go from a Honda pipe to a KX motor as well if it looks like a dep honda conversion pipe will just bolt up after that.

I'm also working on an adapter to use the Boysen ignition cover with the fly wheel weight since the cover is not deep enough without a 3/16-1/4in spacer and welding all the misc. holes shut that no longer do anything in preparation for powder coat.

Just little things but I'm going through some work to make this bike a nice solid bike and details make a difference in my book.