Author Topic: kx500 fuel injection  (Read 5835 times)

Offline vagassasson

kx500 fuel injection
« on: August 23, 2014, 06:38:42 AM »
So I was curious about setting up fuel injection on my k5.
I found 2 things I think would be necessary for the build.
http://www.ecotrons.com/products/400cc_to_800cc_engine_fuel_injection_kit/
And
http://www.pedparts.co.uk/product/1915/stage6-egt-exhaust-gas-temperature-gauge
With these two things on my bike it would open up a whole new set of options as far as stuff I could use on my engine.  The big thing this is leading up to for me is possibly running a Turbo.
Please give me your input as far as suggestions for things to look out for and other options for building a setup like this.
I'm looking for possible problems and ideas for doing this

Offline 1901306708

Re: kx500 fuel injection
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 04:11:45 AM »
make sure you got the electrons to run all that.

the little egt takes more power than you think.

is there a capacitor or something to kick your fuel pump on before the engine is runing?

Offline vagassasson

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 01:35:24 PM »
if i went through with it alex ward has a stator setup that produces 100w of power . that should be more than enough. you would have a battery powered ignition once you turned the key on it would build the required fuel pressure

Offline vagassasson

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 02:06:37 PM »
and from the looks of it the system also gives you control of the ignition timing through the rpm range

Offline alward25

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 05:50:39 PM »
Honestly, I have not ever felt like fuel injection ever worked well or was reliable enough on a dirtbike to be worth the effort or money.  It is cool to play with but at the end of the day, I don't want to be stuck because a pump, filter, or injector deciding to stop working.  I have other things I would rather buy for my bike for the money.  Sorry to be a buzzkill, just my dos centavos.
"Let there be light"

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 07:54:11 AM »
Honestly, I have not ever felt like fuel injection ever worked well or was reliable enough on a dirtbike to be worth the effort or money.  It is cool to play with but at the end of the day, I don't want to be stuck because a pump, filter, or injector deciding to stop working.  I have other things I would rather buy for my bike for the money.  Sorry to be a buzzkill, just my dos centavos.

I'm glad to see someone else feels the same way....
I honestly love playing around with jetting, and fine tuning carbs by sound-sight-feel....
and yes, then there's the reliability part of it...I'm all set with being stranded 30-40 miles from home from an EFI failure as well.
I'm sure the more you guys play around with the option...the better the odds will be of having no EFI failures, and my hat's off to all of you that are putting in the time and money to get it right! 8-)
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline vagassasson

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 12:13:38 PM »
So if I did order this kit what would you guys recommend for a throttle body size?

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 12:34:10 PM »
It would depend on what your trying to tune for, woods, desert, supermoto.. And what pipe, port timing, head configuration, ect.
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline vagassasson

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 01:25:52 PM »
Or I could have the best of both worlds and just have an insert made for a larger thottle body that would neck it down for different riding types