Author Topic: Clarke Manufacturing Fuel Tank.  (Read 4660 times)

Offline heavyweight44

Clarke Manufacturing Fuel Tank.
« on: August 22, 2014, 06:23:40 AM »
I ordered the STOCK KX500 tank from them, and when I received it, low and behold it is half inch narrower than stock.  
The middle of the tank is half inch narrower, and when you put the seat up to the tank, you REALLY notice it. The way the tank is shaped, this is a major gap, and they should have posted this on their website. *** NOT STOCK DIMENSIONS***
Further they told me that If I want, I can air poressurize  it to expand it bigger! (What a load of CRAP, I have the email for doubters.)

FYI,,,,  If you want a narrower tank, this is the one for you!

« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 09:54:11 AM by heavyweight44 »

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
Re: Clarke Manufacturing Fuel Tank.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 09:31:59 AM »
they told me that If I want, I can air poressurize  it to expand it bigger! (What a load of CRAP, I have the email for doubters.)

I've heard of it being done with good results...so I'm told, you need to have scolding hot water in the tank to soften the plastic for a period of time, then pressurize it slowly to your desired size.

I remember one of the magazines doing an article about it years ago.
could be worth a shot.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Pmcg

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 01:00:40 PM »
I bent my oversized Clarke tank around the compression release. I used a head gun and a fense post. Heat very slowly. 

Offline Venturini

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 06:03:59 AM »
Do you know what the actual capacity of the Clarke “stock” tank is?  I’m hoping it’s just under 3 gallons.