Author Topic: landed 85 kx 125  (Read 56078 times)

Offline bens87braap

• Be good or be good at it!!!
    • Bens You Tube
Re: landed 85 kx 125
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2014, 08:55:04 PM »
hasnt come out exactly the way planed but has been fun building

Offline queen of spodes

« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2014, 05:02:44 AM »
How are your power valves?  I have a NOS 85 valve if needed.

Offline bens87braap

• Bens You Tube
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2014, 01:09:31 PM »
thanx Queen I bought a set when i first got this bike as I new I would have problems.  To my surprise the power valves were the only thing in the engine that didnt really need looking at just a good lube up and all was good so I have a spare set now
But thanx

Spare valves came vavles alone allthough the pic describing them showed the whole lot.  Tiny little suckas these 125s

Offline bens87braap

• Bens You Tube
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2014, 12:18:45 PM »
Seat cover fitted and yes the beers do help thanx Foxx4 for the advice lol

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2014, 12:25:45 PM »
Seat cover fitted and yes the beers do help thanx Foxx4 for the advice lol

yup, everything's so much more "relaxed" when beer is included in the activities. :-D
cover looks good!
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline bens87braap

• Bens You Tube
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2014, 05:47:56 PM »
first ride today took it really easy just putted around the on the dirt road.  Still no leaks  :-D
The engine seems to cut out for a split second like no spark.  If the bike is running in gear it bump starts itself it like hesitates for a second would that be a bad earth or bad connection somewhere?

Offline bens87braap

• Bens You Tube

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2014, 03:13:12 AM »
first ride today took it really easy just putted around the on the dirt road.  Still no leaks  :-D
The engine seems to cut out for a split second like no spark.  If the bike is running in gear it bump starts itself it like hesitates for a second would that be a bad earth or bad connection somewhere?

Could very well be a bad ground or connection.
You have to start at the beginning and work your way through the system until you find the problem.
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2014, 08:03:51 AM »

Could very well be a bad ground or connection.
You have to start at the beginning and work your way through the system until you find the problem.

yup, like sandblaster said.
on Sunday, I noticed my pipe was just starting to leak black spooge through the red RTV at the cylinder...so whilst I had the bike torn down some to seal the pipe back up, I figured I'd toss in a new plug too.
when I pulled the wire cap off the plug...I noticed it came off with ZERO effort!!....that was because the threaded nut cap on the plug had come loose and was stuck in the wire cap....so basically, my connection was just "floating" around.
I never noticed any ignition problems, but eventually I'm sure I would have.
so on the new plug, I removed the nut cap 1st, and put a drop of red Loctite on it...we won't be having that issue again!
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline bens87braap

• Bens You Tube
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2014, 04:18:57 PM »
Yeah I have pulled all the electrics out and tested to the best of my ability and found some errors. 

It All got sent to Melbourne (which mean Money) to be rewound and test the rest.  I have cleaned all connection points now some were really bad ordered a new plug lead too.

Hopefully in a week or 2 I can finish running her in thanx guys.

PS still trying to find a rear wheel I have no rear brake and cant hand it to the wife like that

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2014, 08:07:28 AM »
PS still trying to find a rear wheel I have no rear brake and cant hand it to the wife like that

huh...I thought someone found one for you??

Offline bens87braap

• Bens You Tube
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2014, 02:43:16 PM »
that wheel wasnt any better than the one I got wasnt prepared to pay 250 for a wheel that needed repair too I just keep looking

And it needs to be a complete wheel with the drum brake on it too

Offline bens87braap

• Bens You Tube
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2014, 05:42:40 PM »
Got my wheel a KDX 200 one and I even got mud on her now.  Selecting all gears and is a powerful little bike.  It is no good for the wife to snappy she rode it and hit band in 2nd and said its not for me lol

But my little brother loves the bike he is only 17 and has a crf 150 07  wants to swap me bikes hmmmmmm what to do I could allways paint the crf green

Offline Oblivious Maximus

« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2014, 12:54:18 AM »
Keep it and look for a 500.. Then you'll have a 3 piece set.
Where the Hell is "Easy Street" ?

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2014, 06:37:27 AM »
Keep it and look for a 500.. Then you'll have a 3 piece set.

keep it...run it into the ground... NOS parts are gonna be non-existent soon anywho...then when it's dead, part it out and make a few bucks.