Author Topic: kx 500 rear tire  (Read 12801 times)

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
Re: kx 500 rear tire
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2014, 08:24:32 PM »
wow! you have just about tried them all. i guess i will give the dunlop a try. thanks!

those are only the ones I didn't like.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2014, 08:48:19 PM »
Best I have found is swapping to tubliss and running trials pressures     evil traction

I tried running the tubliss also, but unfortunately wasn't happy with that set-up either....it would've worked good if I only did trail riding and sand pit riding, but I have such a wide variety of riding situations that it wasn't the set-up I was hoping for.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Motorrad

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2014, 12:41:08 AM »
Best I have found is swapping to tubliss and running trials pressures     evil traction

I tried running the tubliss also, but unfortunately wasn't happy with that set-up either....it would've worked good if I only did trail riding and sand pit riding, but I have such a wide variety of riding situations that it wasn't the set-up I was hoping for.

I rode a set 6,000 miles across country off road twice (Canada and back). In. Mud sand snow rocks gravel dirt clay pavement. Etc etc.        Flawless.

What didn't you like about them?  I'm curious

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2014, 08:12:16 AM »

I rode a set 6,000 miles across country off road twice (Canada and back). In. Mud sand snow rocks gravel dirt clay pavement. Etc etc.        Flawless.

What didn't you like about them?  I'm curious

they don't like landings from 50'-70' tables or jumps in general....lots of "wallowing" on landings regardless what pressure I ran them...from 8PSI to 35PSI.

Offline sebmor

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2014, 05:51:58 AM »
Hi, I just installed a rear 120/80 millville 2 and it offers good traction
 In the sand. My tires rub against the muffler, did anyone have that problem?
Thanks

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2014, 06:01:29 AM »
Thanks

welcome to the site sebmor....
that one's on the list to try too at some point.

for the tire rubbing the silencer problem, just use some washers or a spacer of some kind to push the silencer out away a 1/4" to a 1/2" inch...that should be more than enough.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 06:33:49 AM by Foxx4Beaver »

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2014, 12:57:41 PM »
wow! you have just about tried them all. i guess i will give the dunlop a try. thanks!

I meant to tell you that this was my other favorite tire for my area/terrain.
The member Hillclimb#42 suggested the Washougal's to me a few years ago, and I was instantly hooked.
I strapped this one on last night because the Geo32 was finally worn beyond my liking, and my new Geo52 hasn't arrived yet, and this ones been sittin around for a few weeks.

Kenda Washougal...

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2014, 01:02:14 PM »
Washougal is a cool track  8-)
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2014, 01:09:41 PM »
ha...come to think of it, there's a Washougal front on my 250...that also sticks quite well in soft to mid.

Offline cmotodad

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2014, 01:56:45 PM »
We just returned from racing Washougal amateur race. Awesome track for sure.

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2014, 02:05:05 PM »
I almost went last weekend but I didn't know anybody racing...
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline sebmor

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2014, 06:30:50 AM »
Thanks

for the tire rubbing the silencer problem, just use some washers or a spacer of some kind to push the silencer out away a 1/4" to a 1/2" inch...that should be more than enough.

Thanks for exhaust tip Foxx4Beaver. I put a washer and it may only need another one. It is strange that they made the muffler to tire gap so close but I am happy to know that it is common and it is not my subframe that is crooked.
By the way I tried the Millville 2 in the mud and it would wheelie out of deep puddles so traction is impressive by my standards and that's with them mounted in the intermediate direction. Soft direction should be even better. The front is not as impressive though but it is still ok.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2014, 07:26:57 AM »
Thanks

Thanks for exhaust tip Foxx4Beaver. I put a washer and it may only need another one. It is strange that they made the muffler to tire gap so close but I am happy to know that it is common and it is not my subframe that is crooked.
By the way I tried the Millville 2 in the mud and it would wheelie out of deep puddles so traction is impressive by my standards and that's with them mounted in the intermediate direction. Soft direction should be even better. The front is not as impressive though but it is still ok.

no problem...there are a couple threads on the "tire rubbing the silencer" issue on here.
to better check that your sub-frame isn't tweaked...stand directly behind the bike while it's on a stand, and line up the center of the rear tire to the center of the tip of the rear fender...should be spot on, or at least within a 1/4" either way.

thanks for the feedback on the Millie2..at some point I do want to try one.