Author Topic: 2014 Unadilla Rewind Vintage MX Race  (Read 11875 times)

Offline motojason

• Two arms, two legs, two wheels, perfection!
2014 Unadilla Rewind Vintage MX Race
« on: June 04, 2014, 09:18:54 AM »
Beautiful scenery, perfect weather, and an amazing track. First ride on my rebuilt 1983 KX250. Retro class.

http://youtu.be/KxvFMhKsZkc
Motorcycles are my favorite people...

Offline kxpegger

Re: 2014 Unadilla Rewind Vintage MX Race
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 11:40:25 AM »
Looking good! It sounded like you had her wound up a little tight a few times. Track looked great!
North Las Vegas

"05" RMZ450, "08" KX500AF "11" KTM 450SX-F "12" KTM 250SX "15" KTM450SX-F

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 12:07:17 PM »
Looks like you have a lot of fun...  :-D
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 08:35:09 PM »
Beautiful scenery, perfect weather, and an amazing track. First ride on my rebuilt 1983 KX250. Retro class.

http://youtu.be/KxvFMhKsZkc

have you done the GNCC there yet?...I did in 09 and 2010...very intense and grueling...
http://www.unadillamx.com/gncc/gncc.html
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline motojason

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 03:26:12 AM »
have you done the GNCC there yet?...I did in 09 and 2010...very intense and grueling...

Yup, once. I did it for the first time in 2013 on my dual sport Husaberg FE570. I am planning to do it this year too. I thought it was a great event in 2013, the mud was tough! It rained heavy on Saturday night and I was on DOT knobbies.  

Are you going to race it this year?  

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 03:38:48 AM »

Yup, once. I did it for the first time in 2013 on my dual sport Husaberg FE570. I am planning to do it this year too. I thought it was a great event in 2013, the mud was tough! It rained heavy on Saturday night and I was on DOT knobbies.  

yeah the mud is the best part about that race! :-D
I'm not sure yet if I'll be there this year...it's still a few months out, and anything can happen.
I have a buddy I've been riding/racing with since we were in the 2nd grade, and we'll only go if both of us can actually make it...we're very closely matched in skill level too(both A Vet riders)and it makes it more fun when you're racing with someone you know.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline motojason

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 03:49:06 AM »
Looks like you have a lot of fun...  :-D

I certainly enjoyed it! Riding the 125 on Saturday, especially, was a dream come true. When I was 15 years old I had wanted to race my 125 at Unadilla. It never happened.

About 8 years ago, I was in the midst of a divorce, career change, and dealing with parent health issues, a rough time. I started looking for an 83 KX125 like the one I had as a kid it was with the intention of trying a vintage race or two to take my mind off all the crap and do something just for me. I had no idea that it would be so challenging to get to the track on one. After all that time it was really satisfying to race at Unadilla the very first time that I rode the bike. Definitely one of the highlights of my motorcycle riding life, very special.

Was a bit crazy driving 12 hours to race with two bikes I had finished prepping just a day before the race and had not ridden, other than in my driveway, until the morning of the race. Feeling blessed that it turned out so well.    

Offline motojason

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 03:56:27 AM »

I have a buddy I've been riding/racing with since we were in the 2nd grade, and we'll only go if both of us can actually make it...we're very closely matched in skill level too(both A Vet riders)and it makes it more fun when you're racing with someone you know.

I am no A rider but I can certainly appreciate how much more fun it is to ride and race with friends. Hope to meet you if you do make the event this year.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 04:07:44 AM »

I am no A rider but I can certainly appreciate how much more fun it is to ride and race with friends. Hope to meet you if you do make the event this year.

Ditto...if not at the GNCC, I'll be there for the Nationals August 7th thru the 9th....as a drunken spectator of course...

« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 10:20:48 AM by Foxx4Beaver »

Offline motojason

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 01:35:10 AM »
Sounds good. Hope to see you there for the national!

Offline motojason

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2014, 01:49:00 PM »
Looking good! It sounded like you had her wound up a little tight a few times. Track looked great!

Thanks! Track was in very nice shape, got prepped on Saturday night. I was tending to rev it a bit much at times. Riding it like the 125 I rode the day before!

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2014, 08:38:50 AM »

can you find yourself in the race? :lol:...everyone was covered in dark brown mortar :-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caVwC45BHZg

Offline motojason

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2014, 10:16:18 AM »
That is a good video. Did not see me!  :-D. I think my start wave was after this one. He was picking some good lines.   

The worst part of the course was the section right at the end of the video. It was not ridden on the first lap. It was whopped out and the water between the whoops was up 3/4 of the way to the top between them. Slick as ice. I wonder if he dumped it there and that is why the vid ends. Was brutal. There were guys standing thigh deep in the mud puddles looking totally lost.    
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 10:21:39 AM by motojason »

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2014, 08:46:01 AM »
There were guys standing thigh deep in the mud puddles looking totally lost.    

those are good times right there!

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2014, 07:55:48 AM »