Author Topic: I wussed out...  (Read 1812 times)

Offline GDubb

I wussed out...
« on: February 08, 2005, 05:22:33 PM »
I was going to rebuild my rear shock myself, but seeing as how I have never done it before and have had a ride planned since before I even bought my bike, I was affraid of messing up and missing the ride. So I gave up and took the shock back to the shop I bought the bike from. Turns out everything in the shock was bad, the nitrogen bladder, seal head, and seal.  The original charge was $150. But since I just bought the bike the guy took $25 off the bill so $125 was the total.  I'm still wondering if I shouldve done it myself, but hopefully its done right and I wont have to think twice about it. The good thing is that I dropped it off this morning before work, and by the time I got off work I already had a voicemail waiting saying that it was done so I picked it up as soon as I got off.
Rock it 'til the wheels fall off!

"It's not what you ride... It's who you're riding for!" - www.mxrevelation.com -

reknelb

I wussed out...
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 06:51:53 AM »
I just had a guy down the street do my shock. He runs a little suspension shop out of his garage (atv's, snowmobiles, dirt bikes, race cars). He charged me 81 dollars. He replaced the seal, bushing, a lock nut, and also had to polish a small nick out of my shaft. Parts came to 41 with tax, 40 for labor. Now my only problem is figuring out what spring rate my eibach spring is. Of course the numbar is half worn off. :(