Author Topic: tips n tricks for peak performance  (Read 5203 times)

Offline staffylad

tips n tricks for peak performance
« on: April 21, 2014, 08:24:19 AM »
anyone got anymore tips on fine tuning my kx 250 94 ,I seem to have more or less set the carb and throttle response is lovely just needs a little more tweak I think,wonder if I should turn the mixture screw just another qautre ,thinkin about tryin a vf2 in ther see what that's like, I repacked my silencer and it made one hell of difference like plus cleaning all the carbon out of the valves and ports,always open to new tips n tricks for better performance  :lol:

Offline KXDINO

Re: tips n tricks for peak performance
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 04:29:35 PM »
Sounds like you need to get it ported and some head work done?

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 04:56:29 PM »
Crank balancing, port and case matching, polishing... Ect..
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 09:03:36 PM »
anyone got anymore tips on fine tuning my kx 250 94

I know you just did your suspension over yourself...but, having it tailored to your weight/riding style/skill level is one of the best ways to go faster.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline staffylad

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 12:38:37 AM »
kx dino wat you mean? beaver yea I have I added another half a litre to my forks on the track on sunday but still tryin to find the right setting and bleed them ,the rear shocker seemed very hard on the back when I was riding I need to check the oil on that I think,i was used to riding 4strokes so don't know if I just got used to the comfort abit lol defo more fun riding 2s like I was hangin on for dear life on sunday was great lol made somuch differenc cleaning that silencer out ,loads more fun to come this summer  :lol:

Motorrad

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 12:48:45 AM »
practice.

And have your forks done.  No offense but when you say your adjusting oil levels half a litre at a time (16oz).  It kind of tells me you don't know what your dooin.     I adjust mine 1 oz at a time. And get it set within that oz.   And I have no clue what I'm doing. Hence why I have the guys that set suspension for winning racers do mine. 

Have you set race sag at least?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 02:55:50 AM by Motorrad »

Offline don46

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 03:30:21 AM »
I would go with the flat top piston and head mod, it works incredibly well on a 250. As Motorrad said, have the suspension done, I adjust mine by millimeters of oil height, usually the range is something like 110-130 mm and to accomplish this would be probably an ounce or two. the newer forks are tyically done by measurement, most of the older forks have both a volume and a measurement, I always did the measurement.

Of all the things you can do to make your bike faster, suspension is the best. you can have all the HP in the world but if you can't ride it, it's wasted power
Live today, for tomorrow may never come

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 05:17:59 AM »
anyone got anymore tips on fine tuning my kx 250 94

I know you just did your suspension over yourself...but, having it tailored to your weight/riding style/skill level is one of the best ways to go faster.

like I said in the beginning...have your suspension tailored professionally to fit your riding, if you don't have the right spring rates in the forks and shock for your weight and riding level...then you're just pissin directly into the wind.....I don't know who you guys have over on that side of the pond that do suspension...we have several over here...I've been using Factory Connection since the mid 90's because they're awesome at what they do.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 05:40:48 AM by Foxx4Beaver »
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline staffylad

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 05:57:03 AM »
I would go with the flat top piston and head mod, it works incredibly well on a 250. As Motorrad said, have the suspension done, I adjust mine by millimeters of oil height, usually the range is something like 110-130 mm and to accomplish this would be probably an ounce or two. the newer forks are tyically done by measurement, most of the older forks have both a volume and a measurement, I always did the measurement.

Of all the things you can do to make your bike faster, suspension is the best. you can have all the HP in the world but if you can't ride it, it's wasted power

I think I do cuzz either that or the manuals lyin,thers half a litre in each fork!! :lol:

Offline staffylad

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 06:03:27 AM »
nobother  :-D

Motorrad

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 10:19:49 AM »

I think I do cuzz either that or the manuals lyin,thers half a litre in each fork!! :lol:

they why did you add another half litre?   making 1 litre in each fork??

Offline staffylad

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2014, 01:13:49 AM »
no ther was only half of half a litre becos I ran out that's why I had to go buy another half litre onway to the track then add another half in each makin it 2 half litres in each fork wat it says in the bible so that's wat went in,i just need to set the compression from the bottom to the top was tryin to burp them a little inbetween riding  :lol: