Author Topic: exhaust packing  (Read 2960 times)

Offline staffylad

exhaust packing
« on: April 10, 2014, 01:48:21 AM »
anyone got any tips on best muffler wool to get what thickness etc..
k1 250  :-o

Motorrad

Re: exhaust packing
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 02:44:46 AM »
Best I have ever used I cut off the hot water pipes at work. Done or so many times I now need a ladder 20'

But the moose stuff seems to hold up well.

Offline staffylad

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 03:32:31 AM »
moose wool lol what thickness,think a sheeps wool will do  :roll:

Offline staffylad

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 03:28:37 AM »
packed!! just got some packing wool offline made in china by looks of it wouldn't like to know whats it made from known them

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 05:06:52 AM »
packed!! just got some packing wool offline made in china by looks of it wouldn't like to know whats it made from known them

I've used regular pink house insulation in the past....like back in the 80's...worked ok providing you packed it TIGHT.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline staffylad

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 06:16:46 AM »
haha insulation I never thought of that ,I wonder if you could try different packing for different results,im dyin to start it up now its all cleaned up and repacked,now I need to run down the garage tomora and get this bearing pressed onto the tree clamp,i tried freezing and hoyed the bearing In the oven for half hour didn't work so :lol: