Author Topic: I can't believe it I finally got a Christini  (Read 16789 times)

Offline Rhyno

Re: I can't believe it I finally got a Christini
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2012, 03:37:47 AM »
Great ride pics...  following along.
'90 K5.....

Offline dirtjunkie85

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2012, 09:13:52 AM »
That thing just looks like a riot! Looking like I might need one for the cabin! Great buy

Offline ID KX500

• Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2012, 01:08:07 PM »

I was invited to go atv riding but my clutch on the 4 wheeler is crapped out right now. So I dug out the Christini knowing it would be gnarley. The first five miles was the toughest with 4-5 inches on a very rocky section up hill. Half way was clay goo mud that stuck to the tires,,,the all-wheel-drive and Rekluse were the only thing that could make this trip possible without the atv.

Great ride and excellent company,,,pictured above is "Trigger" and "Rig" good old boys.

Hey Motorrad this was all new snow,,,old snow was all gone on the trail which was over 9700ft in places.
"Endeavor to persevere."

Offline ID KX500

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2014, 01:45:01 PM »
I still have the 09' KX450 Christini. Since installing the Rekluse clutch I've thought a lot about a left hand brake. So I got a a hand brake for a SkiDoo Rev with a brake lock. I don't know if I'll ever need it in the future but I sure could have used on in the past. The KX rear brake cylinders do not work with the kits that are sold to make a left hand brake. I went to my bone pile and found a CRF450R rear brake cylinder.

Phil at Moto-Heaven lined me up with the right brake lines and cylinder block off unit,,, they arrived so fast it made my head spin,,, called him on a saturday and they arrived monday.

It didn't bolt right on so I ordered a WorksConnection brake guard. Drilled a hole and game on.

Made a home made mount to have the hand clutch just above the left brake.

Also I had a small problem with the part that slides inside of the brake cylinder to convert it so that it has no reservoir,,,the O-ring kept hanging up where the level glass is located and cutting the O-ring up,,,I finally tried putting the o-ring in alone then followed with the plastic insert to block off reservoir.

Hope it was worth the trouble.
"Endeavor to persevere."

Motorrad

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2014, 04:04:33 PM »
Is there a check valve in there?   That's the only way I can think it would work.   And if so how the heck do you bleed it??

Offline ID KX500

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2014, 11:32:14 PM »
Those are two very good questions "M",,, I don't know for sure. I will get back to you.
"Endeavor to persevere."