Author Topic: carb question  (Read 2363 times)

Offline sportracer07

carb question
« on: February 18, 2014, 12:54:06 PM »
Ok guys i have been searching for a carb for my 85 kx 250. Nowi finally found one but my problem is that it doesnt have a needle jet in it. I know it says it uses a 6dj1, but i cant find one anywhere. What other size or number can i use, this is kinda greek to me..

Offline sportracer07

Re: carb question
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 02:43:40 PM »
Anyone know of any other carb i can use, like off a newer bike. Does it have t be a 40mm??

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 02:48:30 PM »
I'd stick with a 38mm carb off a 250 say 97 or older but that's just me.
Just make sure that the choke, fuel inlet, and adjustments are on the correct side or at least accessible.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 03:02:17 PM by sandblaster »
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 01:18:11 AM »
I'd stick with a 38mm carb off a 250 say 97 or older but that's just me.
Just make sure that the choke, fuel inlet, and adjustments are on the correct side or at least accessible.

+1
97 would be the cut-off as far as ease goes...after that they started using the power jet/solenoids.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ