Author Topic: carb repair kit required in england must be cheap shippin lol  (Read 11454 times)

Offline staffylad

Re: carb repair kit required in england must be cheap shippin lol
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2014, 08:06:51 AM »
throttle was stickin on when ya kicked it over then after a few minutes it unstuck then be ok  :roll:

Offline alward25

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2014, 09:57:18 AM »
sounds more like a throttle cable problem or a vacuum leak
"Let there be light"

Offline staffylad

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2014, 08:00:23 PM »
parts are still goosed in carb so that wont help lol.

main jet   165
pilot jet    45

float needle
needle
 :wink:

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2014, 09:51:55 PM »
I've never heard of them....but it is better to stick with original Keihin jets.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline staffylad

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2014, 10:56:02 PM »
ok thanks beaver not havin much luck findin a full kit so il have to buy  them separate  :-)

Offline staffylad

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2014, 02:18:18 AM »
if you kick it over for first time and it goes on full revs for a few minutes then calms down but only does it on the first kick could this be a sticky slider in the carb .. :lol:

Offline Goat

• Ride it like you stole it!
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2014, 07:02:25 AM »
Step 1: Without the bike running, twist the throttle all the way and let go. It should snap back closed and you will hear the slider snap against the carb if its working properly. If it doesn't make a loud crack sound then I would lube throttle cable and twist throttle housing and try step one again to see if it's fixed.
It's hard to keep a drivers license riding a 2 stroke dirt bike on the street.  If you drive within the law they are VERY boring.

Offline DoldGuy

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2014, 07:22:49 AM »
Staffy,

Good advice from all here!

Will put my $.02 in, if this happens only when you first start the bike when it's cold (choke on), try this, as soon as you start it, turn the choke off just for a few seconds (3-5 seconds), then pull the choke back on & see if the RPMs stay low, keep the choke on until it is warmed up.

DoldGuy
Its Never too Late to Have a Happy Childhood!

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2014, 07:33:33 AM »
Staffy,

Good advice from all here!

Will put my $.02 in, if this happens only when you first start the bike when it's cold (choke on), try this, as soon as you start it, turn the choke off just for a few seconds (3-5 seconds), then pull the choke back on & see if the RPMs stay low, keep the choke on until it is warmed up.

DoldGuy

every KX250 I've had, has done the same exact thing if it's sat for 2+ weeks...88, 93, 97, 02, 04,...all bought brand new, and my current 2000 that's all brand new rebuilt...and I've always done just what Doldguy suggested....I've just always considered it normal if they sit for an extended amount of time.
I would start them the very next day, and they light off at about 800-1000rpm and just idle.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 10:56:03 PM by Foxx4Beaver »
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline staffylad

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2014, 09:12:01 AM »
thanks for this guys much appreciated  :lol:

Offline staffylad

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2014, 03:00:08 AM »
ok ive got some pilot jets say myne was a 45 and I put a 46 in ther what will happen will the bike run leaner   :roll:

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2014, 04:49:17 AM »
ok ive got some pilot jets say myne was a 45 and I put a 46 in ther what will happen will the bike run leaner   :roll:

no it'll be fatter(richer)

Offline staffylad

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2014, 07:35:49 AM »
aright so higher numbers the richer so wer about on the scale is 45 is the slightly lean as my notch on me needle is set on 2nd one ,been putting new bearings in today and bleeding the frnt brake and waiting on parts hopefully come before sunday springs dawnin on us now thank god lol hows your bike going beaver has the snow gone yet .. :roll:

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2014, 10:00:16 AM »
hows your bike going beaver has the snow gone yet .. :roll:

I've got MUCH bigger problems to think about, than riding and snow...pics to come once I can get comfortably.