Author Topic: power valve governor spring swap  (Read 2706 times)

Offline dirk_411

power valve governor spring swap
« on: February 04, 2014, 12:53:24 PM »
Hey guys.  Just wondering if there is a preferred year governor spring that is popular.  I have read a fair bit eluding to the 2003 kx250 spring being soft and most people preferred the 2004 spring.  There was enough material that spoke of the 90-91 spring too. It seemed different springs change the power valve operating range. Again its only what I read and I have no idea about cross referenced parts.  I actually found most of the info on other sites,  Any feed back appreciated.

Offline KXDINO

Re: power valve governor spring swap
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 02:12:10 PM »
kx250 03 needed a extra shim put in ,1mm thick that and a pc pipe did wonders.One of the magazines had a article on it years ago plus the Kawasaki race tuning information had its as well,p/n92026-1590 it goes between the bearing and the existing  spacer it help the low to midrange speed transition smooth ,it worked on the 03 I had.The spacer is fairly cheap as well.

Offline dirk_411

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 11:59:32 PM »
Ok.  Anyone else?

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 12:19:24 AM »
try sending The Flyin Hawaiian a PM...he was/is BIG into tuning the 03-04 Ms...and does a lot of enduros and hare scrambles with them.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ