Author Topic: what have I got into??? Clicking noise  (Read 8572 times)

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
Re: what have I got into??? Clicking noise
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2014, 05:04:57 AM »
NEW KG Clutch Factory complete kit with fibers, plates and springs (and stickers!).

that's the title.
I've never heard of KG so I'm off to research.

I've heard of em...but I've never heard anyone say they're good or bad....hopefully they'll work in your favor.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline thunder

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2014, 06:13:58 AM »
got parts in but want to make sure its goes together correct.

Manual doesn't tell which way the pushrod holder and ball go in.

Can't find any video on it.  I think i figured it out from a parts diagram but now it won't turn over at all and clutch feels REALLY soft. But Its out of gas so I'll see if it fires after that.

It its missing 2 washers a something called a bearing needle too from this diagram:
http://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/oemparts/a/kaw/500b278ef8700223e4791fc4/clutch

missing parts: 92046 92200a/b and 92036.  Don't know if regular washers will work or if I need exact size.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 11:49:06 AM by thunder »

Offline thunder

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2014, 10:03:19 AM »
Ok, got gas and the noise is exactly the same. Tried to make a video but not too good. There is a definite difference in sound and vibration with clutch not engaged.  You wouldn't want to ride it with it like this.

Now when you put it in gear the bike just dies right away.

http://youtu.be/3KRm2Hoy77c
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 11:27:39 AM by thunder »

Offline DoldGuy

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2014, 02:20:28 PM »
Thunder,

I think you have found your "Noise". Order the parts listed, Bearing / Washer / Clip & install. That will take care of your soft feeling clutch.

DoldGuy
Its Never too Late to Have a Happy Childhood!

Offline Goat

• Ride it like you stole it!
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2014, 06:38:25 AM »
Noticed there is at least 1 bolt missing in your clutch cover. Make sure all bolts are in the cases, covers and are tight. As far as the washers and bearing go. They are a certain thickness and diameter so I wouldn't try hardware store washers as it might bind up and break something. Is the bushing in the clutch basket sloppy on the shaft?
It's hard to keep a drivers license riding a 2 stroke dirt bike on the street.  If you drive within the law they are VERY boring.

Offline thunder

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2014, 07:59:38 AM »
No bushing is tight.  Im gonna order all the parts needed today. Looks like this guy just threw it together wrong. At least I hope. Found everything except the dang washer. Kawasaki wants like $14 for that!  crazy
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 02:23:59 PM by thunder »