Author Topic: 2002 KX 250 Suspension set up for XC/ sand  (Read 2145 times)

Offline myGreen

2002 KX 250 Suspension set up for XC/ sand
« on: December 11, 2013, 05:31:32 AM »
Hey everyone. I'm planning on racing C class XC in Northern IL this year. I also like to fly over fast whoops in the sand occasionally. Do you think if I have my suspension built for XC, it will still be more than capable with long, fast whoops, and occasional LIGHT MX?

I'm 36, been riding for 30 years and plan on beginning my racing career for the first time this spring! LOL. I'm about 1980-185lbs.

Thanks guys!!!! 8-)

Offline hybridkdx

Re: 2002 KX 250 Suspension set up for XC/ sand
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 07:26:08 AM »
Make sure you hit the National Enduro races this year. One in Missouri and one in Indianna. Good year to start there is two on the Schedule close to you. As for suspension, I have mine set for XC and only problem I notice is flat landing off of 5' plus ledges she will bottom, sand whoops I haven't noticed any problem other than my ba!!s aren't quite big enough!!!.

Offline myGreen

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 08:32:06 AM »
Haha....sometimes too big of balls will get you hurt!

Thanks for the reply too. I'm going to get into D17 circuit. Any others race out of it on here?

Offline myGreen

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 02:32:38 AM »
Just a little update. I ended up going to Borelli in Mendota IL. Gary is a very good guy that had great turn around time. He was also very helpful with informing me how to dial the suspension for different riding styles. I haven't had the chance to ride it on the trails yet, but it feels much more plush when sitting on it.