Author Topic: kx500 tripple clamps,...where are they at?  (Read 18229 times)

Offline husky333

kx500 tripple clamps,...where are they at?
« on: January 23, 2014, 10:07:38 AM »
Hi fellas,

i am building a tricked out 2001 kx500 for the upcoming classic and vintage dirt bike show over here In England. I have most of the parts already but dont seem to be able to find a set of tripple clamps that come with the stem already pressed in. Where should i go?

I tried  Scar, RG3, Procircuit, Ride Eng. (Im still waiting for a reply from BRP. )

Let me know what you think.  When its done i will post some pics, so far i have a Procircuit "works pipe", Ohlins rear shock, handmade tapered swingarm, Sunline clutch perch, Easton fat bars, trick custom graffix, Warp9 wheels, handmade Carbon fibre silencer, carbon fibre mudflap, custom seat cover, loads of anodised do dads to bling it up.

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
Re: kx500 tripple clamps,...where are they at?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 10:11:58 AM »
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline husky333

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 06:49:01 PM »
thanks thats great, i just checked out that link but there doesnt seem to be a method of buying them on there. Who sells these clamps in California?

Offline Timbowe

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 07:47:05 PM »
 Am I missing something here...... ?

No one has asked to see this thing....?

P I C S P I C S P I C S P I C S P I C S P I C S P I C S P I C S P I C S P I C S P I C S P I C S P I C S P I C S P I C S P I C S P I C S   please.   
KX500
Weapon in the hands of the Master

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 09:19:06 PM »
thanks thats great, i just checked out that link but there doesnt seem to be a method of buying them on there. Who sells these clamps in California?

If you go to "Contact Us" from the left side column/menu...all the ordering and shipping info is right there.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline alward25

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 01:26:32 AM »
It is easiest to call, real cool to call and talk to Jeff Emig's dad.  Very nice guy.
"Let there be light"

Offline husky333

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 02:34:32 AM »
ok, i will look again, Thanks. ( my computer skills are lower than my 8 year old son!)

Once the bike is fully built up and all the graffix are on i will post pics.  I have a small stall at the Classic and Vintage show in Telford England this year. It is the biggest vintage/Evo and classic bike show in Europe. The show is on 22/23 Feb. There will be plenty of cool stuff there, anyone wanting pics of the build up and the show itself should log on to the Vintage - MX Trax forum. Its much like this one, but people with interests in all kind of different makes of bikes post on there. It has a very useful Vintage swapshop that is free to use once you are logged in.

Incidentally, the bike i am building(over here in England) was bought from a guy in Pennsylvania USA. I buy and sell/trade/build late model kx500s.

Offline husky333

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 09:12:59 AM »
Well i got in touch with Emig Racing, and for what i thought to be a very reasonable price(compared to stuff over here in England) i ordered a set of clamps. I should have them middle of next week, just in time to fit to the bike before the show. Cant wait.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 09:56:28 AM »
cool...can't wait to see them installed on this mysterious beast! :-D
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Motorrad

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 11:01:17 AM »
Well i got in touch with Emig Racing, and for what i thought to be a very reasonable price(compared to stuff over here in England) i ordered a set of clamps. I should have them middle of next week, just in time to fit to the bike before the show. Cant wait.

I have a set of his clamps on my KTM they are a work of art 

Offline husky333

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 06:47:00 PM »
I just managed to get a few carbon fibre parts to trick it up some more. Its gonna lookgood. But probably not for the purist.i would have had the frame powder coated but after the show I am selling it and didnt want to hide the fact it is a low hour bike. I am talking to the carbon fibre people over here about the possibility of building a monoqocue subframeand airbox. It will be VERY expensive to have a mold msde. Also, I am talking with Scalvini Italy about having a bunch of kx500 front plpes made, their stuff is pure art. They should look great with the carbon fibre and cnc silencers I have had made. Graffix and seat cover are making me nervous as I havnt got them yet.
 I hope to have it built and ready for the camera by thursday.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 10:57:02 PM »
wow...it's getting very interesting now....I've always liked/wanted carbon fiber silencers strictly for cosmetic reasons...but they are pricey....could buy a whole system for what a silencer costs.
monocoque air box construction??...d**n, you really want this thing to stand above the rest!

hope you get it all together in time!...lookin forward to seeing this. 

Offline husky333

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2014, 07:48:44 AM »
Ok, well, the clamps are taking forever to clear UK customs and as a result i had to take the bike to the show with stock ones on. It still looked cool to me though. Plenty of admirers and people drooling over it. I hope to have my cokebottle swingarm by the end of March and i am still negotiating with the carbon fibre people about the monocoque subframe. Hope you like it??

Be gentle with the comment
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 07:56:38 AM by husky333 »

Offline husky333

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2014, 08:16:24 AM »
i am having a nightmare trying to upload a few pics of my bike on here. would someone mind if i email pics to them so they could post them for me please? (...yes, i already asked my 15 year old son to try and do it but it beat him too)!

Offline husky333

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2014, 10:46:17 AM »
well im really struggling to upload images of my bike. I opened a photobucket account and posted the images on there, but for the life of me cant get them onto here.HELP!!!!