Author Topic: No bottom end power  (Read 7646 times)

Offline kkvslayer

Re: No bottom end power
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 07:57:52 PM »
my buddies Ktm 250 seems to have just as much jam as my 500 but when the ole 500 hooks up she will put you on your behind,a lot of times you don't know you are hauling ass on the 500 because your not wringing the crap out of it like a 250,believe me sooner or later you will get that scared feeling your looking for,it's the unexpected wheelies that happen outta nowhere that always get me,having a nice knobbie really helps on the 500 otherwise you lose a lot of the pull cause you have constant wheelspin,you also have to remember these bikes are old technology,modern 250 2t's are almost pushing near what these put out for hp,just imagine if they kept developing the 500

Offline motopunk

• www.der-motopunk.de.tl
Re: No bottom end power
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2014, 04:53:59 PM »
yes thats the point..the modern 250īs have nearly same peak power like the 500īs of the middle 80īs, but never the same torque ,because its only the half engine...
 the big kx will be a little bit powerless on top by revving it hard, because of the big rotating masses in the engine ...
 ride it with short shifts in the middle of the powerband and use the big torque, that the engine produce...  and then if the rear tire gets the right grip  , starts the rodeo-ride if you want or not ...  :-D
 i love this tractor-feeling, if you feel that the rear tire is spinning with the front wheel in the air...  :evil:
big 2 stroke bikes are weapons for real men, who donīt fear death or devil. ;O)
ī83 kx250, ī87 kx250 (with 360 big bore), 87 kx500, ī93 kx500 sfc

---  www.der-motopunk.de.tl  ---