Author Topic: 1990 KX500 KIPS PV Adjustment  (Read 2447 times)

Offline fredunderwood

1990 KX500 KIPS PV Adjustment
« on: December 14, 2013, 03:24:17 AM »
So a question.  And let me set this up first.

1.) I have NOT removed my cylinder head, the bike was running
2.) I took off the cover on the righ side case just above the water pump that covers up the lever that pushes the PV rod in and out.
3.) I unbolted the actuating rod, the PV rod slides freely in and out and opens the PV's correctly

So my question.   When I bolt the actuating arm back on, do I need to time the piacement of the piston to the position of the PV rod.....e.g.    if the piston is at BDC, does the actuating arm need to be pushed all the way in?   Or depending on the piston location; does the PV Acuating rod need to be in a particular position????

What would be the process if any to assure this is timed correctly?

To be clear, I do not beleive I need any assitance in timing the Actual PV's

Thanks!!!!

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
Re: 1990 KX500 KIPS PV Adjustment
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 06:39:32 AM »
So my question.   When I bolt the actuating arm back on, do I need to time the piacement of the piston to the position of the PV rod.....e.g.    if the piston is at BDC, does the actuating arm need to be pushed all the way in?   Or depending on the piston location; does the PV Acuating rod need to be in a particular position????

the answer is no...just push the rod back in just until it stops...then keep just a "little" inward pressure with your thumb (towards the cylinder), and tighten the nut.
Good to go.

Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ