Author Topic: specialty 1998 kx5???  (Read 5090 times)

Offline quadfan

specialty 1998 kx5???
« on: December 05, 2013, 04:13:08 PM »
help help help. new to the site and so far all i see is great info, thanks a bunch. i am hoping someone can enlighten me a little about the possibility of a special one-off '98 bike. i recently bought two 98 k5's, one looks like standard run of the mill bike, basic mods, piped, motor work, runs awesome. 2nd one is almost showroom quality but looks to be set up for desert racing. large tank, piped, misc. the big question is bike #2 has a post bolted and welded to the top of the frame behind the top triple clamp. looks to be factory powder coat. it has had pro taper bars installed so there is nothing factory up there anymore. did kawi ever install a factory steering stab? what have i got here?
vin# jkakxvecxwa020421 and engine# kx500be019947
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 02:19:06 PM by quadfan »

Offline alward25

Re: specialty 1998 kx5???
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 06:18:15 PM »
Factory, they did not.  Post up some pics so we can all pick it apart ask more questions.
Congrats on the acquisition!!!!!!
"Let there be light"

Offline yeomans

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 10:29:02 PM »
Is it one of the welded-on scotts stabilizer types?
Could have been welded then powder coated.

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 04:52:44 AM »
The VIN specs out as a 98 KX500.
Nothing special about that other then it kicks butt because it's a K5  8-)

The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Motorrad

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 06:41:15 AM »
Team green bikes had them installed.   But you need more than that to be one.  My Vin specs just as a 91k5.  But I have the evidence it was a team bike

Offline motopunk

• www.der-motopunk.de.tl
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 09:02:03 AM »
The VIN specs out as a 98 KX500.
Nothing special about that other then it kicks butt because it's a K5  8-)

which is the e-start-button in your cockpit??  :-D 

this stabilizers could simply everyone buy in aftermarket and add it to the bike... for long highspeed straights in desert, street and also motocross it makes absolute sense to use an stabilizer for an good working front end and smoother performing with the bike...
big 2 stroke bikes are weapons for real men, who don´t fear death or devil. ;O)
´83 kx250, ´87 kx250 (with 360 big bore), 87 kx500, ´93 kx500 sfc

---  www.der-motopunk.de.tl  ---

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 10:55:56 AM »
Here's my E-start button

The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline motopunk

• www.der-motopunk.de.tl
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 08:50:03 PM »
Here's my E-start button

hey s-blast.. i thought you ride with gas, now tell me how you changed it into a atom-reactor-bike..  :wink:

Offline quadfan

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2013, 02:21:19 PM »
thanks for the comments, i am very computer illiterate, cant seem to figure out how to post a pic on here. any help in that catagory would be greatly appreciated too.

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2013, 02:51:37 PM »
Here is a link to instructions for this site.
It sound hard but once your set up you can do it in minutes

http://www.kxriders.com/forums/index.php/topic,10040.0.html

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2013, 05:38:28 PM »
Here's my E-start button

hey s-blast.. i thought you ride with gas, now tell me how you changed it into a atom-reactor-bike..  :wink:

Oh, it's still powered by fossil fuels but, but, as you ride at relativistic speeds (significant proportion of the speed of light) your mass becomes greater which then starts to bend space and time around you causing time dialations. The worst of it is hitting Hydrogen atoms at these speeds. Doing so turns those Hydrogen atoms into intense radiation that would quickly kill Honda riders and destroy their electronic instrumentation. In addition, the energy loss of ionizing radiation passing through the bikes chassis represents an increasing heat load that necessitates large expenditures of energy to cool Honda's. Stopping or diverting this flux, either with material or electromagnetic shields, is a daunting problem. Going slow to avoid severe Hydrogen irradiation sets an upper speed limit for Honda's of v ~ 0.5 c. This velocity only gives a time dilation factor of about 15%, which would not substantially assist in staying up with KX500's. Hydrogen atoms are the ultimate desert mines and represent a formidable obstacle to Honda's ever keeping up with Kawasaki's  :-D

Offline motopunk

• www.der-motopunk.de.tl
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2013, 08:58:20 PM »
Here's my E-start button

Oh, it's still powered by fossil fuels but, but, as you ride at relativistic speeds (significant proportion of the speed of light) your mass becomes greater which then starts to bend space and time around you causing time dialations. The worst of it is hitting Hydrogen atoms at these speeds. Doing so turns those Hydrogen atoms into intense radiation that would quickly kill Honda riders and destroy their electronic instrumentation. In addition, the energy loss of ionizing radiation passing through the bikes chassis represents an increasing heat load that necessitates large expenditures of energy to cool Honda's. Stopping or diverting this flux, either with material or electromagnetic shields, is a daunting problem. Going slow to avoid severe Hydrogen irradiation sets an upper speed limit for Honda's of v ~ 0.5 c. This velocity only gives a time dilation factor of about 15%, which would not substantially assist in staying up with KX500's. Hydrogen atoms are the ultimate desert mines and represent a formidable obstacle to Honda's ever keeping up with Kawasaki's  :-D

i have an easier methodic .. turn the throttle to fully open and shift in top gear  :-D, where the hondas need an 6 or 7 speed transmission to stay in sight of the green fender...  :lol: 8-)