Author Topic: wanted to show you guys the fmf pipe i used for my af i just think its ugly??  (Read 5127 times)

Offline turks

what you guys think??be honest lol
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 05:01:01 AM by turks »

Offline Ims Roll

• Ride safe, Ride hard
The 2-smoke runs deep in this one...

Offline turks

thanks dude
 8-)

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
Have you rode it yet to see how well the engine works?
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline Charlie500

I think it looks good! How does your kick start fit? does it close ok? You Pipe kinda looks like JFabs custom pipe... I think his looks much better than the service Honda one... Plus your able to take off the stator cover with out removing the pipe.
2014 KX 450 Bark-Buster

Offline turks

no mate havnt started motor ye that was just a donor engine to do all mods etc...its a fmf gnarley had to chop it 3 times to make it fit!lol the kick fits really well,just not sure about the look myself would i be nutts buying/modifying another pipe???thanks guys

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
I think it looks great.
You can actually buff the pipe out which might even out the sections and make it look more factory.
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline turks

thanks lads 8-)

Offline don46

Once you get it all put together you will probably not notice it, the more important aspect is how it works. I think if it would have been a natural pipe rather than nickel you could have painted it high temp black or the newer KX pipe paint it you for sure wouldn't notice it. Some of the pipes I used to do for the 500 conversions looked like a hand formed pipe I had so many cuts, it literally took 8 hours to do a pipe, so if you got by with 3 I'd say good job.
Live today, for tomorrow may never come