Author Topic: Shop Mess  (Read 15809 times)

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
Shop Mess
« on: October 27, 2013, 07:12:47 PM »
The shop is such a mess I grind to a standstill every time I look at trying to straighten it up. Parts are everywhere, crap is piled in ‘sort of’ related clumps. Shelves are packed with everything from RC gear to archery to pipe tools, garden and yard stuff, paint, boxes of mixed fasteners waiting to be sorted, pond paraphernalia, fiberglass stuff, assorted nails, lubes, oils, lathe attachments, metal pieces for building, and vacuum equipment. It seems like every thing has to move at the same time to be able to organize anything.
The twelve foot bench I have has about two feet of useful clear space on it. I have lots of stuff to sell off from long gone projects that would make a dent which would probably be a good place to start. The wife getting into riding and track days added three more motorcycles and a crap load of parts for the track bike.
Anyone else have a shop full of, well, stuff like that? Whenever I see pictures of peoples garages they always look pretty empty and organized. If you had a mess and organized it, did you just dump stuff or give it away to clear it out?
Things Are More Like They Are Today Then They Have Ever Been Before...

Motorrad

Re: Shop Mess
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 01:24:59 AM »
you can hardly walk in my 5 car garage right now.     Ill get a pic for you this afternoon.   its... BAD...

Offline Pmcg

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 03:50:29 AM »
Selling any of your archery equipment?  I'm looking for a new compound bow and would be happy to help uncluttered your garage.

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 03:54:59 AM »
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline motopunk

• www.der-motopunk.de.tl
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 06:41:41 AM »

this pic looks like a look in my single garage: 3 and a half bike , my bike trailer and lots of tools and spareparts around...  sometimes i wish i could fly...  :lol:
big 2 stroke bikes are weapons for real men, who don´t fear death or devil. ;O)
´83 kx250, ´87 kx250 (with 360 big bore), 87 kx500, ´93 kx500 sfc

---  www.der-motopunk.de.tl  ---

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 07:25:47 AM »
Here's our real mess..

Block head blunder of the week award..

The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Motorrad

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 11:53:49 AM »
Here ya go.  my garage (not shop where the lathe and mill etc are)     as it sits right now.

3 desert trips, 1 10day long trip to the sierras,    a baby.   etc...   all piled on the floor..    

really dont knwo where to start right now. besides a can of gas and a match.

went otu there several times to clean. and just turned around and walked back in the house

as oscar can vouch. normaly the floor in there is vaccumed, and spottless..

« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 03:02:25 PM by umberto »

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 07:16:23 PM »
Well, shoot! I don't feel quite so bad now! I am on par with the rest of you! Only have three bows right now so can not in good conscience let go of any. : ) One is just a 25 lb I used to exercise after my last two shoulder surgeries.
I try and avoid taking pic’s in the shop (24’ X 36’) except a specific area so as not reveal it's true mess. I have three motorcycles in it now and could not get a third in without moving stuff around. It is really a shop/storage unit so everything is down there. I have to move five larger items just to get to the lathe as stuff is packed right up against it. When we built the shop the wife scoffed at the attic access I put in because we “Will not use it”. Ha! Packed up there too! Mostly her stuff!
Got to clear out some space so I can get three more motorcycles in before winter really hits. Wanting to buy a new one as the last years bikes are dropping in price. That would make four! Not sure I could do that.
Thanks for the pic’s guys! Misery loves company! I will get a couple shots of my mess soon.

Offline motopunk

• www.der-motopunk.de.tl
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 09:03:35 PM »

here is my chaos... in the winter; when i dont need the trailer i take it on the left wall for more space on the floor ...  :-)  

pic is last winter from my kx500sf- build . good to see is the trailer on the wall..  
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 09:07:19 PM by motopunk »

Motorrad

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 12:46:52 AM »
Well, shoot! I don't feel quite so bad now! I am on par with the rest of you! Only have three bows right now so can not in good conscience let go of any. : ) One is just a 25 lb I used to exercise after my last two shoulder surgeries.
I try and avoid taking pic’s in the shop (24’ X 36’) except a specific area so as not reveal it's true mess. I have three motorcycles in it now and could not get a third in without moving stuff around. It is really a shop/storage unit so everything is down there. I have to move five larger items just to get to the lathe as stuff is packed right up against it. When we built the shop the wife scoffed at the attic access I put in because we “Will not use it”. Ha! Packed up there too! Mostly her stuff!
Got to clear out some space so I can get three more motorcycles in before winter really hits. Wanting to buy a new one as the last years bikes are dropping in price. That would make four! Not sure I could do that.
Thanks for the pic’s guys! Misery loves company! I will get a couple shots of my mess soon.

like I said. normaly the floor is vaccumed, and spottless.       but  Life happened latly, and everything got shoveled out there.

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 05:00:39 AM »
I remember seeing some pics in your garage when it was 'spotless'. Motopunk looks like he needs more stuff in his! If you can walk easily around or more then five feet in one direction it is not cluttered enough.

Offline motopunk

• www.der-motopunk.de.tl
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2013, 05:24:11 AM »
I remember seeing some pics in your garage when it was 'spotless'. Motopunk looks like he needs more stuff in his! If you can walk easily around or more then five feet in one direction it is not cluttered enough.

more stuff is coming.  :-D and what you not see in this pic, if the trailer is in, i have to climb to come out of the garage ...  :-D   :mrgreen:

Offline TJXK

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2013, 02:46:24 PM »
4 Dirt bikes, 1 quad, a trailer (landlord won't let me keep it outside), tools, mountain bikes and spare parts everywhere in a tiny duplex garage.  It's a nightmare to get any work done.

Bonus dining room pic:

Edit: Also the only one that is currently rideable is the CRF450R. :(
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 02:48:15 PM by TJXK »

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2013, 12:53:00 PM »
This is where I started and ran my business from 2002-2011

Motorrad

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2013, 01:05:55 PM »
Picked up all last night.   floor is clear.   now need to do the benches.