Author Topic: Emig triples Question  (Read 4056 times)

Offline tobys 2 strokes

• My #2 son
Emig triples Question
« on: September 30, 2013, 05:36:23 AM »
I am trying to install a used Emig upper triple clamp on my 2000 front end. the holes for the bar mounts are set up for the rubber cones on the top but not the under side I went ahead and put the rubbers on the lower side but the bars have way to much flex or movement now .any one now what they had in mind for this set up?
Thanx
   Steve J............

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
Re: Emig triples Question
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 06:33:13 AM »
Can you post some pics?
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline alward25

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 07:56:45 AM »
You should only need the top set.  I would get the aluminum bushing upgrade.  Can't really tell the difference and the bars are always straight.  It seems like the bolt needs to be shorter the holds the bar clamp.  I might br remembering wrong.
"Let there be light"

Motorrad

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 08:32:34 AM »
I am trying to install a used Emig upper triple clamp on my 2000 front end. the holes for the bar mounts are set up for the rubber cones on the top but not the under side I went ahead and put the rubbers on the lower side but the bars have way to much flex or movement now .any one now what they had in mind for this set up?
Thanx
   Steve J............

The emigs on my KTM use cr500 vibe dampers..

Call emig and ask.   They are down to earth people

Offline tobys 2 strokes

• My #2 son
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 11:38:21 AM »
I should have thought to call them first I didn't realize they were a mom and pop type of operation.
They said they built them to use there mounts which use the rubber on top and a bolt from the bottom so I will have to shorten my studs or use spacers.
Thanx for the help and parts.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 11:40:11 AM by tobys 2 strokes »

Motorrad

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 11:44:45 AM »
I should have thought to call them first I didn't realize they were a mom and pop type of operation.
They said they built them to use there mounts which use the rubber on top and a bolt from the bottom so I will have to shorten my studs or use spacers.
Thanx for the help and parts.

yep. very mom and pop.

you call and MR emig answers the phone.    or his daughter paige..