Author Topic: Team Green Baja Reunion  (Read 41500 times)

Offline 81cr450

Re: Team Green Baja Reunion
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2013, 12:53:44 PM »
is this what the "male fluffer/hedge trimmer/toilet cleaner/token hottie/eye candy" would look like? :lol:...

by the way, Alward called, he wants his life like drag queen love doll back..... :-D

What you been borrowing it again  :-o
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 12:32:28 PM by Motorrad »
if I only had a pair, I could actually ride this thing

& to the people I like  FYYFF

Motorrad

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2013, 03:41:30 PM »
GUESS WHERE I GET TO GO...    AND YOU GUYS DONT.    YOU ALL SUCK... I AM AWESOME..    

(oh. and USMC too)

Offline SHLEPY

• Big Member
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2013, 04:52:43 PM »
GUESS WHERE I GET TO GO...    AND YOU GUYS DONT.    YOU ALL SUCK... I AM AWESOME..    

(oh. and USMC too)

YAYAYA AND THIS IS FOR YOU
http://www.joecartoon.com/index.php/everything-else/f-bomb-and-potatoes/

Offline J.ellwanger

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2013, 08:19:06 AM »
SUPA FLY!! LICK THE TOAD, LICK THE TOAD, LICK THE TOAD.
   o_0 im surprised Joe Cartoon is still around...

http://www.kxriders.com/forums/index.php/topic,12149.0.html,
 here is some more games and flash videos... THEY are FUNNY!     lol joecartoon reminded me of a bunch of stuff from high school times...

I Also cant wait to see the pics of those Baja Race bikes
Respect For Hard Work, Hard work that got Me what I have, What I have Shows my Hard Work, Good Circle that keeps Me Employed.

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
  • Sikorsky CH-53E the KX500 of Marine Corps aviation
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2013, 02:55:16 PM »
This fella will also be there.......long time family friend.......Danny LaPorte.

African rally champ, world mx champ, and teammate to Larry Roeseler and Paul Krause during the first Baja 1000 win on a K5.........

Should be a blast!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvLWL_LK0Ec
I once heard my buddy Bill ask Danny Hamel after a race....
"How can someone who looks like a high school band tuba player go so d**n fast on a bike?!"

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2013, 07:27:33 PM »
Just spotted this thread. Very cool. Be sure to post some pics. You guys get drunk and forget to take any there will be some pissed people out here!
Things Are More Like They Are Today Then They Have Ever Been Before...

Motorrad

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2013, 08:11:47 AM »
Meh.   Ive decided this event isnt worth my time.     Im going to stay home and watch the first season of the Golden Girls on netflix instead.

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2013, 09:17:48 AM »
Meh.   Ive decided this event isnt worth my time.     Im going to stay home and watch the first season of the Golden Girls on netflix instead.

Fallen off your meds again?
Comon, take your pills and you will feel better soon  :-)
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline 81cr450

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2013, 04:32:27 AM »
Come on wake up & get on with the story  :-D

Offline 81cr450

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2013, 04:54:37 AM »
Come on Ladies choke down those morning after pills & tell us about your debauchery 

Motorrad

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2013, 06:54:02 AM »
Well. The start of the first season was a little slow.  But as the season went on the writers and actors really started to click.  Man the situations those Grey  haired lady's get themselves   into.  

Offline 81cr450

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2013, 07:52:52 AM »
Yeah I figured you're ashamed of what you had to do to get the info  :-D

Still trying to drink away the imagery of what the big green men made you do  :mrgreen:

Why you gotta be so mean, bad enough not being there

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2013, 08:18:07 AM »
I just got home......I'm still in a state of euphoria from seeing many of the faces that I haven't seen in over a decade......many old friends.....lots of big names from the industry.....let me get settled in and I'll post up a good story and a few pics......A big thanks to Motorrad for being my date and not embarrassing me..... :-D
"How can someone who looks like a high school band tuba player go so d**n fast on a bike?!"

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2013, 10:32:11 AM »
What a great night.........The best way I can describe how I feel about the reunion is this.......picture one of the most special era's of your life......now imagine jumping into a time machine and being able to spend just one more day "live" during that era...... :-)

One of the highlights of the night for me was when I stepped up to the podium to speak.......I spoke of the first experience I had with the team and how much of a role Team Green had played in my early youth........I could type down everything that was said but its one of those moments where you just had to be there......Before I went up to speak, Motorrad was kind enough to bring his Danny Hamel seat with him......The seat was stashed away in a box and kept from view.  I told everyone a story of how my buddy had been walking though a swap meet and came across 2 KX500 seats.  I told everyone that he had purchased them both for $15 dollars.  As I finished the story I pulled the seat from the box at an angle that did not reveal the name on the seat......I closed my story with these words...."what made these seats so special was not that they were KX500 seats, what makes these seats so special is the name on the seats and who they belonged to"........I turned the seat over and the room gasped and went silent........The silence was broken by the sounds of emotional chatter and a standing ovation........Motorrad was gracious enough to put the seat on display for the night for everyone to view.  A major thanks to Motorrad for his contribution to the night.

Last week Motorrad and I located another special seat on EBay.......It was another KX500 seat with the name Ty Davis on the back.  Lucky for Motorrad that Ty was also at the reunion.  I introduced the two and Motorrad was able to get a Ty Davis autograph on his Ty Davis K5 seat......super cool :mrgreen:

The end of the night was bittersweet.  It was great to see everyone again but at the same time it was sad that this moment would most likely never happen again.  It was the first time in almost 20 years that ALL these people were in the same place at the same time for the same reason.  Motorrad and I said our goodbye's and made our way out.

Motorrad took pictures just as I did and I'm sure he will post them up as soon as he gets an opportunity.........

Motorrad getting acquainted with the 1994 Baja 1000 winning KX500

Kawasaki headquarters in Irvine California.........Lots of heavy hitters in this picture.......motorcycle legend Danny LaPorte in the orange pants is speaking with Pro Circuit Suspension legend Jim "Bones" Bacon in the red hat......oh yeah....the man in the wheelchair is non other than Mitch Payton owner of the Pro Circuit supercross team.

Just some of the eye candy and memorabilia on display for everyone to view

Some of the various Team Green helmets from the past......

One of my old buddies......motocross and off road great Greg Zitterkopf

Some of my better friends..........Motorcycle God Larry Roeseler and David Pyle..........David Pyle is the man responsible for developing the KX500 for off road racing from 1987 to 1997.......I introduced him to Motorrad and needless to say they had some very interesting conversation :-D :-D

Mark Johnson at the podium......Mark was Team Green's first off road manager and the man responsible for bringing the KX500 and Team Green to Baja back in 1987......He was also responsible for developing the careers of racers like Kevin Windham, Ricky Carmichael, James Stewart, etc......

I could be wrong, but I think Motorrad is having a good time :wink:

Ty Davis telling a story about one of his Baja 1000 victories.......

Motorrads contribution to the display at the reunion......I still don't know if Motorrad understands just how much it means to everyone that he saved Danny Hamel's seats from a tragic fate........this item was a real tear jerker for many in attendance.

For you Supercross fans you may recognize this fella as Skip Norfolk........Jeremy McGraths mechanic from 1991 to 1998.......In my conversation with him I asked him about his experiences being such a big factor in the success of one of the greatest Supercross racers in history......He told me that they were good times but he couldn't have done it without his Team Green origins........Team Green and desert racing in Baja are his roots and he remembers them well.

My favorite photo of the night........These men are some of the few who let me tag along as a young man and made me a part of Team Green Kawasaki..........From left to right, Baja racers Ted Hunnicutt, Ty Davis, Me, Larry Roeseler.............during this picture Larry was telling me "My God!!  When was the last time these guys were in the same spot with the same bike at the same time?!"  If this picture doesn't say "Nostalgia" I don't know what does.......
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 10:40:03 AM by USMC 500 »

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2013, 10:59:38 AM »
Me jealous  :?

Maybe a little  :oops:

It will be interesting to hear more stories.
I'm glad that someone from the site was able to be there and record this for history..
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.