Author Topic: KX 500 supermotard  (Read 2216 times)

reinsport

KX 500 supermotard
« on: December 14, 2004, 03:32:06 PM »
Anybody running a KX in Supermotard? I'm thinking of mounting some 21 & 18 inch rubber and running the sportsman class. Cues or suggestions? What about flywheel weights and oversized front brake kits? Thanks.....

Offline doordie

• Global Moderator
  • Do or Die.....
KX 500 supermotard
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 09:34:54 PM »
Look at gallery,big green monster.....!
Ask Folke about what you can do to make it work as a SM,sure he help you out. :wink:

//doordie
Iceroad champion 2006,still 2007,even 2008 without a single race!

Minnetonka_Mark

KX 500 supermotard
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2004, 10:38:42 AM »
One of my winter projects is to transform my 2002 KX500 into a super motard style street bike.  I will repaint the frame black, put on new plastic, 17 inch gold wheels/tires, gold cush drive hub, lights, kickstand, etc...  I expect that I can easily switch back to my original dirt wheels/tires if I want to ride off-road.  I already put on a 16 ounce flywheel weight to reduce the chance of stalling when in traffic.  When the frame is removed for paint I will reinforce the pipe mounting points to reduce the typical mounting pad cracking problem.   I can't wait to ride it on the street!

moburki

KX 500 supermotard
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 07:29:47 AM »
Check on www.supermotojunkie.com, there is a guy on there that is set up on a kx5. I thought about it, but ended up with a 4popper for my sm race bike...

BrianSM

KX 500 supermotard
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 06:27:29 AM »
Quote from: moburki
Check on www.supermotojunkie.com, there is a guy on there that is set up on a kx5. I thought about it, but ended up with a 4popper for my sm race bike...

I was searching for something else and found this thread.....I'm the one from SMJ's.....I have the 1997 pretty much all re done....any questions feel free to PM me or post....