Author Topic: Powerband too short  (Read 22225 times)

Offline Gage

Re: Powerband too short
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2013, 07:12:10 AM »
The desert gnarly with a those boyesen reeds.

Offline Gage

« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2013, 07:13:39 AM »
And plus a long narrow muffler with a spark arrestor. My friend told me that might be robbing it of some of it's power. 170 main middle clip 55 pilot air screw 1 out. The humidity is constantly changing here.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2013, 07:14:27 AM »
gnarly desert or gnarly woods?....it makes a huge difference having one or the other....find out exactly which one you're running.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Gage

« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2013, 07:19:36 AM »
Gnarly desert.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2013, 07:20:48 AM »
if you look at the mount tab on the pipe that goes under the tank....there will be a number stamped on there...

020038 is the desert pipe...which just keeps pulling for as long as you can hang on.

020055 is the woods pipe....which signs off WAY early...like as soon as you click into 5th it's done making power.

I have both...and I'll NEVER use the woods pipe again.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 07:23:03 AM by Foxx4Beaver »
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Gage

« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2013, 07:23:59 AM »
I'm going to look into getting some v2 reeds. I think I screwed up getting the boyesen, low end paired with top can't be whats best for the bike. No? Need both for bottom or top right?

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2013, 07:31:59 AM »
I'm going to look into getting some v2 reeds. I think I screwed up getting the boyesen, low end paired with top can't be whats best for the bike. No? Need both for bottom or top right?

Your gonna need a lot of luck finding some VF2s....not saying you won't,but you're gonna have your work cut out for you....they're like golden crack on the market these days.

I wouldn't bother getting VF3s....not after reading Motorrads thread on them....worst case,get a stock cage with aftermarket reeds. :x

Motorrad

« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2013, 08:09:28 AM »

Your gonna need a lot of luck finding some VF2s....not saying you won't,but you're gonna have your work cut out for you....they're like golden crack on the market these days.

I wouldn't bother getting VF3s....not after reading Motorrads thread on them....worst case,get a stock cage with aftermarket reeds. :x

My choices in order of preferance.

VF2

stock cage (with reed stuffer) with a reed spacer with a set of carbon tech reeds, or boysen carbon fibre ones....  

NO DUAL STAGE REEDS

No Vf3