Author Topic: Powerband too short  (Read 22231 times)

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
Re: Powerband too short
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2013, 01:05:37 PM »
If you set the clip to the 3rd position,pay close attention to how it runs compared to the 2nd position where it is now....you will lose a considerable amount of crispness and snap.I've run in both positions and found it runs much cleaner in the 2nd position...I've also changed my needle to the N82T from the N82R a couple weeks ago..(even leaner)...in the 2nd position...and I'm extremely happy with it now....it's all gonna depend on your preferences which you like better.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2013, 01:16:24 PM »
Mine pings like crazy at the 2nd from the top position, but different temps, humidity, altitude, engine condition, fuel, premix, riding style, and boot size all play a part  :-)
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2013, 01:23:36 PM »
yup...not everyone can get away with the 2nd clip....that's why my 1st sentence said to pay close attention to how it runs.
If I go to the 3rd...it's just too fat...and it has a completely different exhaust tone when in the 3rd that just sounds "rich". :-)
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2013, 01:35:40 PM »
that's why my 1st sentence said to pay close attention to how it runs.

Yeah, but you know I can't read  :-P
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2013, 01:39:46 PM »
haha....that's ok...about this time of night,I'm lucky if I can even speak....frozen mudslides have been going down like water with how hot and humid it's been here on the east coast the last couple weeks.

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2013, 01:50:31 PM »
Ah, the dreaded mudslides.... I have to take my social lubricants straight as the sugar isn't good for me at all  :cry:
I love mudslides.... and sugar  :lol:

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2013, 01:59:16 PM »
I love mudslides.... and sugar  :lol:

lol...yup,all too much....I feel like Homer Simpson sometimes...."mmmmmmm doughhhhhh-nuts"

Offline Pmcg

« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2013, 02:04:12 PM »
A buddy of mine came over with his own home made Kailua and we made mudslides. Around the third one I couldn't see straight and he told me he used ever clear in the Kailua. Awesome night.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2013, 02:09:06 PM »
used ever clear in the Kailua. Awesome night.

been 20 years since I've had any of that
that stuff could grow hair on the bottom of your feet! :evil:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 02:14:21 PM by Foxx4Beaver »

Offline Gage

« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2013, 03:46:27 PM »
Ya idk I was getting on it today and the bike just seems to cut out when it's under a heavy load. It doesn't feel fuel related it's mostly happening in high 3rd and 4th. Like you hit and it'll pop up then just cuts makes a zing sorta noise. I've been trying to get some one out to my area who knows something. I know it's hard for you guys to give me advice with the details I'm giving you. I really appreciate everyone's help thus far, it's running 10X better than a few weeks ago. One of the wires in the wiring harness is rigged up sorta strange and the stator is so nasty looking. So I guess Ill start there because of it feels and how it revs out and my gut feeling. Thanks again Gage. 

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2013, 04:41:23 PM »
I have some engine and electrical service specs here:
http://www.oem-cycle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=344

I also have a K5 electrical trouble shooting article here:
http://www.oem-cycle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=163

Offline motopunk

• www.der-motopunk.de.tl
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2013, 06:34:05 PM »
Ya idk I was getting on it today and the bike just seems to cut out when it's under a heavy load. It doesn't feel fuel related it's mostly happening in high 3rd and 4th. Like you hit and it'll pop up then just cuts makes a zing sorta noise. I've been trying to get some one out to my area who knows something. I know it's hard for you guys to give me advice with the details I'm giving you. I really appreciate everyone's help thus far, it's running 10X better than a few weeks ago. One of the wires in the wiring harness is rigged up sorta strange and the stator is so nasty looking. So I guess Ill start there because of it feels and how it revs out and my gut feeling. Thanks again Gage. 

hmmmm.... that sounds, like the ignition-timing is a little bit to late...  you can try and turn the stator-plate ca an 1/2 - 1 mm backwards ... that makes an earlier ignition-timing.  but before this, please mark the exact actual position.   :wink:

if this not help, turn back to the actual point and plan b: 1. try another ignition coil and 2. measure out, where the fail sits (cdi or statorplate)... after this : plan c is a change in the jetting, too rich can make the same problem... great help: look at www.oem-cycle.com in the kx500-jetting-guide

big 2 stroke bikes are weapons for real men, who don´t fear death or devil. ;O)
´83 kx250, ´87 kx250 (with 360 big bore), 87 kx500, ´93 kx500 sfc

---  www.der-motopunk.de.tl  ---

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2013, 05:13:57 AM »
so what does it do after it makes this "zing sorta noise"?...does it die out?,keep running?,keep running but running like s**t/cutting out?

Offline Gage

« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2013, 07:08:52 AM »
Idk guys I had somebody come out today and told me there wasn't jack s**t wrong with it. :| Except for the dry rotted tires. It doesn't cut off, like shut off,  but it just seems like it revs out to fast to where I believe it robs it of some of it's power. Idk my buddy was putting the rear fender on the asphalt today so maybe hes right. Maybe I just gotta learn to ride it better. I'm getting a tan color spark plug too, maybe it should be a little darker. I'll take some pics as soon as I get my camera back to show you guys.   

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2013, 07:10:50 AM »
I think I asked this in a previous post....but what/which pipe are you running on there right now?