Author Topic: New to KX Riders  (Read 2643 times)

Offline sinusoidal

New to KX Riders
« on: July 01, 2013, 05:54:37 AM »
I just wanted to say hi to everyone on KXRiders. I live in the USA and my home state is UTAH.  I have only been riding for about 7 years and never been a guy that did much work on my own to my bikes.  I decided to get more involved and always wanted a KX 500.  I Purchased a 1990 KX 500 last year and have been viewing topics as I modified and rebuilt my bike. I have a few local friends that helped me out but found some great info on this site so I have now decided to join.  I'm not sure how to modify my profile.  When I click on profile I can only view but can't make changes..... Anyway, I'm excited about my bike and have had a blast riding it the last couple of months and will be making changes and upgrades and I'm happy there is a site with so many people on it that also love the KX5 and are willing to give there advice and help us newbies.  Thanks in advance.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
Re: New to KX Riders
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 06:06:41 AM »
Welcome to the site Sinusoidal.
Once you get 10 posts,then I think you can add an avatar pic,and make changes to your profile....that is if I remember correctly....the alcohol has taken a toll on the ole brain these days. :?
Post up some pics of your bike when you get a chance.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 06:09:15 AM »
Yep, your right, it takes 10 posts before you can do it.
You can read it here:
http://www.kxriders.com/forums/index.php/topic,11685.0.html

Welcome to the site.
Your right, there is a lot of really good guys here with a gold mine of information on the 500's.
Post some pics of your ride and your riding area when you can.
SB
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline sinusoidal

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 06:18:13 AM »
Here are some picks as it was built.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 06:22:09 AM »
nice clean build!!...gotta love those Utah views too!!
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline sinusoidal

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 06:22:56 AM »
Couple more pics..... and one with son that will now be a Kawi fan.... already had replies and excited to make some friends.