Author Topic: KY riders?  (Read 2419 times)

Offline wombat

KY riders?
« on: June 09, 2013, 01:30:43 PM »
Hey Guys. Stumbled apon this site VIA google. I swear theres a forum for EVERYTHING!
Anyway. My names Josh, from Cecilia, KY. 28 years old, been trail riding my whole life, mostly on fourwheelers. But have had a few older bikes in the past.
My buddy has an 89 KX 500. I recently replaced a woodruff key in his stator, so in return, he loaned me his 90 kx250. bike is in rough shape now, but at one time, it was a nice bike and really had some money spent on it. But anyway, I rigged up a rear fender on it, put a new rear tube in it, cleaned the air filter and got it ready to go this weekend. Well while looking for the parts that i needed for it, I ran across a 98 kx250, guy had it priced at 350 bucks, but the engine had been totally dissassembled, and he didn't know how to put it back together. So I ended up with it out of a trade. I will certainly be using this site to help locate the parts needed for that bike. We went to a local motocross track today, and had a blast. me and 3 other buddies, none of which have EVER been on a track before. Deffinatly something that we are going to start doing on the regular basis. But it got me itching to get to work on my 98 asap. Heres the bike when I picked it up.

It did come with a Pro circuit pipe to, and the plastic that is not pictured is in decent shape. Hopefully I can find the info here that I will need to get my bike together.
Hopefully everyone will agree that 98 was a decent year, and I'm not wasting my time with it!

Offline J.ellwanger

Re: KY riders?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 11:03:47 AM »
 hell yeah evry
there's enough info here to build one from rocks! just got my own 2strokes this year, and already rebuilt forks, carb. adjusted sus. its a great place,
Respect For Hard Work, Hard work that got Me what I have, What I have Shows my Hard Work, Good Circle that keeps Me Employed.

Offline Bigtim

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 07:12:32 AM »
Ky riders?   I thought there was gonna be a lube joke here. :evil:

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 08:52:26 AM »
98 was bike of the year.
I always liked the 94-02 kx250s.
Something about the 98 that always makes me smile.
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.