Author Topic: Seat Options and Covers for the 500....  (Read 4872 times)

Offline cbrfrenzie

Seat Options and Covers for the 500....
« on: May 29, 2013, 09:57:08 AM »
I have been searching for a seat cover for my 2003 KX500 and I am only finding MAYBE 2 different options..... Black gripper style and standard black style by N-Style, Factory Effex and possibly Ceet.  Other than the black gripper, I see no options for any sort of design / green stripe, etc...  I read somewhere, a long time ago, that the 1988 and 1989 KX125 and 250 seats are the same as the KX500, is this in fact true?  I would like a gripper style seat cover, with some green in it.

What have other members used for seat coves, and what was the result?  I would like to see other people's seat setup's here, so please post some pictures for us all to see!!!  

Another topic, it appears that Kawasaki offeres 3 different seat heights for our bikes! Along with your picture, tell us which seat you are running!

OEM seat part numbers from www.bikebandit.com:
53066  - Low Height
53066A - Middle Height
53066B - High Height

Offline Ims Roll

• Ride safe, Ride hard
Re: Seat Options and Covers for the 500....
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 12:47:29 AM »
My 01 K5 has an all green "ceet" gripper on it. stock height and seat just the cover. Has held up well
The 2-smoke runs deep in this one...

Offline jamex

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 11:18:47 PM »
Google evomx.com I imported one from them, perfect fit & they have many different prints on the sides for the 500, good value for money & a exact copy of the original, check out their sticker kits as well for the 500, I've bought all the different ones that they make, very good quality.
Man Was Made From Dirt & To Dirt He Shall Return.

Offline The Flyin Hawaiian

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 01:25:13 AM »
Check out Guts Racing also.
A couple of 03 and 04 KXs, a few YZs, 3 PE 400s, a DR and a TS.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 11:29:41 AM »
I run this one...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Geen-Black-Seat-cover-KX125-KX250-1988-89-KX500-1988-06-/121111167603?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c32c9c273&vxp=mtr

...it's a non gripper,he has it in a gripper too.
It was kinda plain once I got it on,so I made a stencil of the KX logo off of my OEM 2000 seat,and dyed it on....

Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Motorrad

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 11:34:43 AM »
Id be interested in how you dyed the seat cover.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 11:55:20 AM »

Just simple spray can black vynil dye...has to be "VYNIL DYE"...I can't remember what brand I used,but I did buy it at AutoZone.
The one thing that I learned immediately,was how "thin" it applies...very watery.My 1st attempt was ugly,as I was expecting it to be more like spray paint consistancy...so the 1st try was all runs.I had to apply VERY light coats....I think I hit each side 8 times between dry times. 
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Motorrad

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 12:06:19 PM »

Just simple spray can black vynil dye...has to be "VYNIL DYE"...I can't remember what brand I used,but I did buy it at AutoZone.
The one thing that I learned immediately,was how "thin" it applies...very watery.My 1st attempt was ugly,as I was expecting it to be more like spray paint consistancy...so the 1st try was all runs.I had to apply VERY light coats....I think I hit each side 8 times between dry times. 

very interesting.
Im thinknig I can use number plate decals (just the letter numbers you get).   or boat number letters...

I want a kx550 seat cover.

Motorrad

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 12:07:48 PM »
How does the dye hold up??

if one was to spray the area that your "rear end" rubs on...    would it hold up?

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2013, 12:13:30 PM »
How does the dye hold up??

if one was to spray the area that your "rear end" rubs on...    would it hold up?

I did mine just about a year ago...and it has'nt worn off anywhere..."yet"....and I've put the nozzle of my 2700PSI pressure washer 2 inches from it just for the reason to see if it would hold...and no problems.But if I was to accidentally get acetone or a similar substance on it....it will come right off!

And I don't see why number plate letters/numbers would'nt work....but with making a stencil,you can design it any way you want it.