Author Topic: Tornados  (Read 15926 times)

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
Tornados
« on: May 20, 2013, 11:46:29 AM »
Nothing nice about the massive tornado that ripped up Oklahoma City a few hours ago.Anyone heard from Danger,(or anyone else that lives there) to see if he made out ok?
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Motorrad

Re: Tornados
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 01:42:45 PM »
I noticed him online earlier today.  Not sure if it was before the whirl wind or not..   If we don't hear from him by tomorrow b I'll give him a call to make sure all is good

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 03:14:04 PM »
Yesterdays killer tornado started 4 miles North of my house.  Today's devastation was 17 miles South.  It's bad, real bad.  Children killed at one grade school, no deaths but many injuries at the 2nd elementary school that was hit.  A riding buddy's house destroyed.  His car upside down in what's left of his house.  He was at work, his sister was visiting his wife at his house.  They jumped in the SUV and hauled ass.  His kids go to a different school nowhere near the tornado track.  Power went out here at 3pm, came back on at 8pm.  Ran the gen. for TV, lights, fridge......
They just found the body of an adult, picked up by the tornado somewhere and dropped on the side of a rural road. 100's of homes just gone.  So bad ass it ripped the grass off of the ground.  It crossed a lake and sucked a foot of water from it.
I think it tracked right through CrossTimbers off road riding area.  A medium tornado went through the riding area May 8, 2003.  It was 6 month before all the trees were cut out of the way.  They said today's went just North of the water treatment plant.  That's were the riding area is.
The news is reporting this from when it started and  I can hear it.....51 confirmed dead,   233 injuries at area hospitals, both of these are expected to rise.
The weather man was pleading with people to go below ground or get in your car and run.  The heavily populated area had a 40 minute warning that it was coming their way.  I don't understand why they didn't throw those kids on the buses and run for it.  Sit in each others lap if they didn't have enough buses.  Moore OK. is a suburb of OKC.  3 tornados have tracked through their town in recent years.  May 3rd, 1999 (very bad), May 8th 2003 and the big one today.
Thanks for thinking of us in here Oklahoma.
KX 500 Rider

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 03:35:57 PM »
Glad your ok.
That stuff is really scary.
Keep us updated if you can.
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
    • KXRiders.com
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 04:01:53 PM »
They're calling it an F-5 tornado, 300 + mph.  At times 1 to 1 1/4 mile wide.  The debris "ball" kicked up in the air was 2 1/4 mile wide.  I- 35 open again.  My heart goes out to the parents that lost their children.  They were showing a clip from earlier, an interview of a 20 something year old guy.  He said they picked up a car that was on top of a teacher and she had 3 kids under her.  He lost it after that and broke down.  Just announced 30 square miles of damage. 20 kids still missing.  More storms starting up South of us.  That's bad for the rescue/recovery efforts.
I've got to turn off the TV and go to bed, this is just to depressing.
Thumbs up, a 9 year old was just reunited with her parents.
KX 500 Rider

Offline riproost

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 04:11:06 PM »
Unbelievable. Wishing Danger and all affected the best. Just don't know what to say.
RipRoost

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
  • Sikorsky CH-53E the KX500 of Marine Corps aviation
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 04:29:39 PM »
My families thoughts and prayers have gone out to you Danger and to all those who are bravely suffering through this natural disaster.
I once heard my buddy Bill ask Danny Hamel after a race....
"How can someone who looks like a high school band tuba player go so d**n fast on a bike?!"

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 05:52:10 PM »
 Thankful that you and yours are O.K.
 Putting in a good word for you all tonight Danger.    Please let us know if there is anything we can send your way
 that may be of some assistance.   I don't know if services will be open for a few days, (UPS USPS etc)
   However I am willing to try.   You'd be surprised what this bunch may be able to get to you!
 Peace, Healing and Recovery
Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline motopunk

• www.der-motopunk.de.tl
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 08:06:52 PM »
Yesterdays killer tornado started 4 miles North of my house.  Today's devastation was 17 miles South.  It's bad, real bad.  Children killed at one grade school, no deaths but many injuries at the 2nd elementary school that was hit.  A riding buddy's house destroyed.  His car upside down in what's left of his house.  He was at work, his sister was visiting his wife at his house.  They jumped in the SUV and hauled ass.  His kids go to a different school nowhere near the tornado track.  Power went out here at 3pm, came back on at 8pm.  Ran the gen. for TV, lights, fridge......
They just found the body of an adult, picked up by the tornado somewhere and dropped on the side of a rural road. 100's of homes just gone.  So bad ass it ripped the grass off of the ground.  It crossed a lake and sucked a foot of water from it.
I think it tracked right through CrossTimbers off road riding area.  A medium tornado went through the riding area May 8, 2003.  It was 6 month before all the trees were cut out of the way.  They said today's went just North of the water treatment plant.  That's were the riding area is.
The news is reporting this from when it started and  I can hear it.....51 confirmed dead,   233 injuries at area hospitals, both of these are expected to rise.
The weather man was pleading with people to go below ground or get in your car and run.  The heavily populated area had a 40 minute warning that it was coming their way.  I don't understand why they didn't throw those kids on the buses and run for it.  Sit in each others lap if they didn't have enough buses.  Moore OK. is a suburb of OKC.  3 tornados have tracked through their town in recent years.  May 3rd, 1999 (very bad), May 8th 2003 and the big one today.
Thanks for thinking of us in here Oklahoma.

i just saw it live in the german news ... they spoke of over the 51 dead people  :-( .. thats real real bad.  cars and buildings can be replaced, but taken from life, there is no way back.

nice to hear, that you, your family and friends are all ok... i feel with you  and all the other people in your area.
big 2 stroke bikes are weapons for real men, who don´t fear death or devil. ;O)
´83 kx250, ´87 kx250 (with 360 big bore), 87 kx500, ´93 kx500 sfc

---  www.der-motopunk.de.tl  ---

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
    • KXRiders.com
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 02:22:56 AM »
Thank you for the kind words and thoughts.

The good:
101 people found alive after I went to bed last night.  Most injured, trapped in the rubble.  Many safe and sound but trapped in their storm shelter.
A cold front moved through and pushed the rain off of and away from the rescue area this morning.
My friend, even though he suffered a total loss of  everything but his truck, his wife's SUV and what they were wearing can be thankful. 
His kids were in school in a different area and his wife and sister escaped to safety.  I bet he's holding them real tight right now.
A 1.5 mile traffic jam 11PM last night at channel 9 TV station of people donating canned food, gloves, flashlight batteries, diapers, bottled water.............................
A couple of scumbag losers were arrested for looting.

The bad:
90 plus dead. 20 children from the elementary school.  68 injured children in area hospitals.

I just heard on TV they may have double counted some of the dead, death count may be wrong.
I asked  my boss if I could take off work to help Justin salvage his home.  She said not a problem.  I have the best boss.
I think with the 7 of us that ride together, my generator and a few sawsalls we can make quick work getting to his pictures, guns, motorcycle.......
Right now more storms are forming and moving into the area, not severe but heavy rain is expected.  This is not a good for the rescue efforts.
KX 500 Rider

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2013, 06:57:01 AM »
Glad to see you're ok Danger....when I was watching it on the news,I immediately thought of you,knowing that's where you live....and being the only one I (don't)know in OK.

The images and videos are just devastating.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
    • KXRiders.com
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 08:55:17 AM »
3 of us drove down to help Justin but we could not cross 134th street.  We saw one of the staging areas for debris removal, 30 10 wheel dump trucks and as many huge front end loaders that pivot in the middle. Justin's plan was to go check the house then come out to get us.  He did not know they are letting homeowners in once for a very short time and get out.  He couldn't get the gun safe out. Thunder storm dumped heavy rain for about 40 minutes while we waited for Justin to call.  Saw a few cars coming out on flat bed tow trucks.  They looked like they had rolled down a mountain.
They haven't given us the exact death toll or said much about the kids that were killed.
KX 500 Rider

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
    • KXRiders.com
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2013, 01:32:47 AM »
I think the news outlets in the race to scoop the other news outlets give out false statements.  They said of the Moore OK. tornado that 91 people were dead 20 of them children.  It turned out 24 people died and a few were children from the grade school.  One infant and her mother died at a 7-11 that was demolished.  When you say 20 kids are dead your freaking out at the least 40 parents.  The local new stations are a little hesitant to give out numbers on last nights storms.  Good, report facts and not guess work.

I didn't jack around last night.  They said the tornado was tracking our way.  A few years back I bought a Honda CR-V that has sever hail damage as a second vehicle.   I have a friend that was very close to were the tornado was on the ground and heading his way.  I told him we could put his nice car in the shop and take my Honda to get out of the way.  When he got here the rain was so heavy you could only see about a block.  With my dog in the back we went North about 15 miles.  At one point the tornado was a mile wide.  This one was weird the way it tracked.  Most times they track N.E. or East.  This one went East then a little South then it cut back sharp to the N.E. and pulled back up into the clouds.  It reformed and headed S.E. toward the airport and fizzled out.  5 people were killed from this tornado.  71 people injured, most yanked off Interstate 40 in their cars and 18 wheelers.
Last May was one of the driest on record.  This May is the wettest on record.  It rained hard at my house from 5:30 to midnight.  About 7 to 8 inches in my area.  The creek behind the shop at midnight, was up about 7 feet.  Other than the flood we had 10 years ago I've never seen it this deep.
My friends and family are safe with no damage or injuries.  It's sad I can't say that for everyone.

It's never left a sandbar on the bridge.

The day after the big tornado that hit Moore Ok.  No travel South of this street.

KX 500 Rider

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2013, 03:44:50 AM »
yeah I was watching the news last nite,and they were sayin that Oklahoma City was going to get nailed again....you guys have been gettin some "nail biters"....glad to see you pulled out OK again!

Offline DoldGuy

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2013, 03:49:17 AM »
Danger,
Thanks for posting to keep us updated, and so glad to hear you & family are okay!

Thoughts & Prayers to all there in these times of any and all losses.

DoldGuy
Its Never too Late to Have a Happy Childhood!