Author Topic: Tornados  (Read 15940 times)

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
Re: Tornados
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2013, 11:14:46 AM »
This really sucks, they just found the body of a little girl in the Deep Fork river a mile from my house.
It's sad, the family took shelter in a storm drain.  The TV stations were saying "Go below ground".
I guess it's the only place they could find.  The worst part, the tornado did not come close to them.
KX 500 Rider

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2013, 12:09:44 PM »
That is so sad  :cry:
That was a monster Tornado.
As bad as is was, it could have been much worse.
Does anybody have a disaster preparedness plan, food, water, ect?
I've had one for a few years.
With all I see going on I think it's a good idea...
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline motopunk

• www.der-motopunk.de.tl
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2013, 06:17:24 PM »
realy sad... any dead body is one too much...  :-(

at the moment we have here in germany hard rain and in the southeast many citys under water, but compared with the monster-tornados is it not as half as bad...
 now its time to watch out and wait when the flood comes with the rivers to us in the north on the way to the northsea.   in passau in bavaria is the river donau on 13meter over normal. thats the highest level since 500 years!!
big 2 stroke bikes are weapons for real men, who don´t fear death or devil. ;O)
´83 kx250, ´87 kx250 (with 360 big bore), 87 kx500, ´93 kx500 sfc

---  www.der-motopunk.de.tl  ---

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2014, 10:54:50 AM »
Here we go again....all over the news tonight, Mississippi, Alabama, Iowa, other states...supposedly 18 dead and expected to rise.
Hope everyone in these areas stays safe and out of harms way!

Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2015, 09:23:30 AM »
I see on the news Oklahoma and Nebraska took another hit...hope everyone's doing ok...I see Umberto's still with us since he's online as I'm typing...how about you Danger, you alright?
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline umberto

• Administrator
  • First Ride 02-02-19
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2015, 09:32:41 AM »
Thank you for checking on us Okies!  I live in NW OKC, and we hardly got any rain much less any bad weather.  My cousin lives in Bridge Creek (SW OKC), and narrowly missed a tornado.  Of course he couldn't dodge the 9 inches of rain they got in 2 hours.   :-o  He said his pond went from 8-10 feet down to overflowing in the blink of an eye.  Pray for us on Saturday, that's when it is supposed to be really bad.  As if 12 torpedoes in one night wasn't "bad".  
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 09:35:56 AM by umberto »
Perhaps I have a dirt bike addiction?

03 KX 250/88 KX 525/2017 KX250F - Goliath
17 KX250F/04 KX250
04 KX 250 - Lunchbox's Bike
05 KX 125/144

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2015, 01:02:35 PM »
Thank you for checking on us Okies!  

just don't want to hear that one of us got hurt, or lost a loved one...seeing the footage of some of the aftermath is pretty scary.
I couldn't imagine the emotion of losing everything in a blink of an eye like that, and with hardly any time to take cover.

Offline 81cr450

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2015, 01:29:55 PM »
Does anybody have a disaster preparedness plan, food, water, ect?
I've had one for a few years.
With all I see going on I think it's a good idea...
if I only had a pair, I could actually ride this thing

& to the people I like  FYYFF

Offline umberto

• Administrator
  • First Ride 02-02-19
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2015, 02:11:21 PM »
Thank you for checking on us Okies!  

just don't want to hear that one of us got hurt, or lost a loved one...seeing the footage of some of the aftermath is pretty scary.
I couldn't imagine the emotion of losing everything in a blink of an eye like that, and with hardly any time to take cover.

We have the best weather people. They can tell you days in advance when the weather will be bad, hours before a tornado could be coming, and once it's on the ground a minute by minute and street by street projection so you have plenty of time to get to cover. We usually load all the precious stuff in our safe room and sit down to watch the weather. If they tell us to seek shelter, then in we go.  This severe of weather is usually not that frequent, thankfully. Most thunderstorms just dump a ton of rain and occasionally some hail.

17 KX250F/04 KX250
05 KX 125/144

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2015, 02:17:51 PM »
unfortunately the best weathermen are no match for mother nature...since many deaths still happen because of them.

Offline umberto

• Administrator
  • First Ride 02-02-19
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2015, 02:34:35 PM »
Good point. In that big 2013 tornado, one of the weathermen told people to flee the tornado.  Several people got stuck in traffic and died.  Most people that are hurt in a storm aren't hurt when hiding, they're usually hurt because they are driving or away from home. Only the biggest tornadoes, which are pretty rare, can level a house and really hurt people that are hiding in a closet or bathroom.  Safe rooms and tornado shelters are becoming much more common thankfully. Ours is steel reinforced concrete with a steel entry door. They make your survival chances a lot better. Unfortunately you can't get a dirt bike in there. :-D

17 KX250F/04 KX250
05 KX 125/144

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
    • KXRiders.com
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2015, 01:18:38 AM »
Keeping an eye on News 4 with Emily Sutton, I run from tornado's.
If they start my way, I load the dog and head N.N.W.
Most tornado's track N.E.
As of lately thru the Moore Oklahoma area, S. of OKC.
My girlfriend has kin in the Tuttle area but they were not affected.
So far they haven't caused a problem for me, just wish I could say that for others.
KX 500 Rider

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2015, 01:39:39 AM »
good to see you're still with us Danger...
I'm with ya, I'd run too....years ago when I was a little kid I always said I wanted to see one, but now that I'm older and understand the devastation and pain it causes people/families, I'm good and all set with witnessing one.

Offline umberto

• Administrator
  • First Ride 02-02-19
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2015, 02:26:57 AM »
One actually hit my house when I was a kid.  Seeing one up close is highly overrated.   :-D

17 KX250F/04 KX250
05 KX 125/144

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
    • KXRiders.com
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2015, 01:02:03 PM »
Here we go again.  Long line of storms crossing the whole state.
Coming through here in 45 minutes.
Looks like the big one will go south of us.
KX 500 Rider