Author Topic: V Force/ Boyesen Rad comparo.  (Read 3164 times)

Offline Timbowe

V Force/ Boyesen Rad comparo.
« on: February 14, 2005, 03:06:04 PM »
Any one know what difference there is between V-Force and Boyesen Rad valve? Always had Rad valves, but V/Force looks a bit more interesting. Gona match it up with the FMF Gnarly.
KX500
Weapon in the hands of the Master

Offline GDubb

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 01:32:30 PM »
Check out this post... VForce3 seems to be the winner...
I'm sure there are more posts here on this exact topic... if I run across them I will post the links here to help you out.

http://www.pitbull-racing.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
Rock it 'til the wheels fall off!

"It's not what you ride... It's who you're riding for!" - www.mxrevelation.com -

Offline Timbowe

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 07:15:35 PM »
V force is now on the ever increasing list. New rear disk comming tomorrow. The old one has worn out the middle of the contact area. Very weird! New wheel bearings and 46 tooth rear. The old sprocket was 42 tooth. Gonna take it up to mount Sommers on sunday try it out seriously. Thanx GDubb!
KX500

Offline KXcam22

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005, 03:51:46 PM »
Timbowe,
  The stock gearing on the '92 is 14/47.  For general riding and tight woods I have been happy with a 14/48. The V force is probably the best reed for the KX. Cam.

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2005, 05:37:53 AM »
My preference is the Rad Valve 100% over the V-Force on the big KX. Just from what I've experienced, the V Force gives little to nothing on top and boosts the low-mid range in numbers. The Rad Valve takes from the low-mid range and feeds it up top.... that's what I'm talking about. :-D

Offline GDubb

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2005, 07:08:36 AM »
So I guess then all you have to decide is whether you want to be thrown on your ass as soon as you let the clutch out or when you're already haulin' arse!
Rock it 'til the wheels fall off!

"It's not what you ride... It's who you're riding for!" - www.mxrevelation.com -

Offline Timbowe

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2005, 06:43:46 PM »
There is NO substitute for the good old horses! Aye?
KX500