Author Topic: KX500 Kickstart - damage control  (Read 20403 times)

Offline motopunk

• www.der-motopunk.de.tl
Re: KX500 Kickstart - damage control
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2013, 06:06:00 PM »
Sorry to hijack this thread...
I'm done racing....... but throwing lots of sand into the air is still really fun.
I'm sure that bike could make me smiles.
But then so would something built by  ˭M˭otorrad  :-D

i think so...  :-D... time to give it an own thread??
big 2 stroke bikes are weapons for real men, who don´t fear death or devil. ;O)
´83 kx250, ´87 kx250 (with 360 big bore), 87 kx500, ´93 kx500 sfc

---  www.der-motopunk.de.tl  ---

Offline Sideplater

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2013, 06:21:05 PM »
Been two weeks today that I ripped open my kick-start leg. Thanks for all the messages Guys, had the stitches removed yesterday thanks to two pretty Nurses and the Doctor from Scotland .

I'm on my feet and all good.

Posting some pic's of the resultant damage ( Scar pics ) when I get the dressing off , maybe a couple of days or so.. watch this space :-)

« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 06:37:45 PM by Sideplater »

Offline motopunk

• www.der-motopunk.de.tl
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2013, 07:57:59 PM »
Been two weeks today that I ripped open my kick-start leg. Thanks for all the messages Guys, had the stitches removed yesterday thanks to two pretty Nurses and the Doctor from Scotland .

I'm on my feet and all good.

Posting some pic's of the resultant damage ( Scar pics ) when I get the dressing off , maybe a couple of days or so.. watch this space :-)

that sounds, like youre will be back on bike in a few days...  :-D 

post a pic of the pretty nurses...  :lol:
big 2 stroke bikes are weapons for real men, who don´t fear death or devil. ;O)
´83 kx250, ´87 kx250 (with 360 big bore), 87 kx500, ´93 kx500 sfc

---  www.der-motopunk.de.tl  ---

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2013, 02:56:50 AM »
Glad your doing better.
Because of your experience I now keep some boots at the shop for starting bikes  :-)
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline Sideplater

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2013, 06:33:04 PM »
Update time and, been 18 days today since I ripped my right leg ....

Healing up good and thanks to the guys at the Emergency Dept at the Hospital, again. Keeping it clean and looking ahead to another ride on the KX soon ....

P.s Ignore the little finger that looks like it's a bit out of shape, another story :-)

« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 07:13:03 PM by Sideplater »

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2013, 02:32:03 AM »
Lookin good and no infection......
Now you have to tell us about the finger  :-)
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2013, 07:10:10 AM »
that looks much better...that was border-line something you'd see in a horror movie....
that finger though...will haunt my dreams for awhile :cry:
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Sideplater

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2013, 07:35:46 PM »
The finger ?

Relaxing on a fold-up sun chair with my arms hanging down, turned out some kid was chasing a ball and crashed into my chair . The chair collapsed and my little digit got squashed in the process as well as scissored in two as it went down with me in it. Best the surgeons could do was sew it back on even though it was a bit of mush.

My recent leg wound hurt a little, the finger job was painful with a big P.

All good now, no complaining  :-)

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2013, 02:16:36 AM »
Oh man... Lawn chair?
Your gonna have to work on that story a bit...
How about this.... you were at the X Games huckin the gaps when.....            Now you fill in the blank...

Offline Sideplater

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2013, 06:00:24 PM »
True story and it was a Deck chair, I think I was dozing in the sun when the kid hit me at speed and it all went downhill from there. Looks like the folding bits of the chair bit my finger off as it collapsed, or tried to as I hit the deck, so to speak.

Ouch

Offline wierdo

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2013, 11:45:21 AM »
I almost did the same thing myself once, but it was my own fat arse and an old fold up chair that just collapsed. ( just nicked the end of my finger as well) morale of the story- drunk fat arses and fold up chairs are not compatable. actually, thinking about it i haven't seen a fold up for a few years now.

Offline Sideplater

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2014, 06:48:05 PM »
Thought I'd clock in and been a year now since the kickstart ripped my leg open. healing process went well and good as new apart from a nice looking scar .

( What happened to the gory pics that I posted of my leg ?)

Been out on the '04 recently but only for a brief ride as the weather was turning bad to worse so, back on the trailer looking for a ride maybe this weekend, be nice to see some sun   8-)

« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 06:55:29 PM by Sideplater »

Offline wierdo

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2014, 11:04:49 AM »
glad to hear there was no permenent damage. i had to replace my kicker 2 weeks ago the old one over rotated and my foot slipped off at full kick. it felt like it ripped the instep of my boot out. luckily it didnt, but left an instant black bruise from my instep up to my ankle joint. Sometimes its almost better to see a bit of blood just to confirm what you have just done to yourself. I had to pull my boot off have a look, hop around abit, put the boot back on, rotate the kicker back into position and then kick the bloody bike over again. :cry: 

Offline Sideplater

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2014, 06:40:40 PM »
I know the feeling and you were lucky with only a bruise. That same night, when I had my lady pick me up from the hospital after the surgery I must have been a little delirious from the drugs, went out to the shed on my sticks to check the blood all over the the floor and promptly passed out. Lying on the floor, next to my perfectly innocent KX5 with my leg bleeding through the bandage she rung the hospital and they said it was due to low blood pressure due to blood loss.

First time I've passed out that way and my good lady managed to wake me and help me into bed. She's a good girl , for a math teacher that is :-)

Offline wierdo

« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2014, 07:04:07 PM »
Actually now that i think about it maybe a pool of blood being emptied out of my boot would probably have made me pass out as well. Shock is a sneaky little so and so, i work in a hospital and see it happen to people all the time. I've had flash back shock when I've seen some one else with a similar injury to what I've experienced ( i've had quite a lot of injuries ). Its probably what happened to you "Flash back Shock"...