Author Topic: Hey Fella's  (Read 7844 times)

Offline B.Green

Hey Fella's
« on: April 16, 2013, 01:16:28 AM »
 What's up everybody, I'm from hudsonValley N.Y. and been waiting for a few year's to take my balls out and start a project that I've been lost from for year's (riding). So here's how it started didnt have cash to buy a new bike or nor did I want another's headache. Low and behold I came across an ad of a KX without a motor or seat. For sale title stated (have this dirt bike need to sell). Price said $200 and didnt state size or anything else, and you cant tell buy a pic from a 250 or 500 well I cant. I responded that I'd give a hundred for the bike and 50 to drop it off. Done he said sure, here's pic's below. So to finish off the story when he came to drop it off I asked him so what's up with the bike, how did he get it? Well it seem's he does work for his church cleaning out places like old barn's and he found it there and said he know's nothing of dirtbikes so I got the bill of sale and now here I am. Ran the number's and almost s*i! myself when it came back a 1990 kx500, I even called Dutchess Rec. to double check thank's to Jeff Conston. So she's mine and I'll be needing some help here guy's so I'll be around since this is the 500 spot  Later fella's. B.Green, Billy
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 06:48:41 AM by B.Green »

Offline kxpegger

Re: Hey Fella's
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 06:55:43 AM »
Welcome aboard! Wow! Even a beat 500 rolling chassis is worth more than $150.00 if everything is straight.
North Las Vegas

"05" RMZ450, "08" KX500AF "11" KTM 450SX-F "12" KTM 250SX "15" KTM450SX-F

Offline B.Green

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 11:02:08 PM »
Thank's KXPegger for the welcome, sorry I havent been around much I've been sick as a dog for over a week, just pulling through now. Be 100% soon fella's. Keep it going.

Offline Dragondude

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 01:35:14 AM »
It's always awesome to see people start riding or doing projects again! Engine + Seat = running  kx 500. Rock on buddy! Lol, I can't wait to follow this project. I just wish I knew more so I could help  :-D
Pin it to win it!

Offline B.Green

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 02:47:17 AM »
Hey guys it makes me so happy to see that I already have a small interested crew ready to get there hands dirty with me. Much thanks. I'll definitly keep everyone updated when I start getting this project going. I'll also post pic's of the process aswell. Thank's guys. Talk soon. B.G

Motorrad

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 03:53:58 AM »
Hey guys it makes me so happy to see that I already have a small interested crew ready to get there hands dirty with me. Much thanks. I'll definitly keep everyone updated when I start getting this project going. I'll also post pic's of the process aswell. Thank's guys. Talk soon. B.G

yes. keep us updated.   some of us are few for words (myself included).  so even though we arnt saying anything.   WE ARE WATCHING YOU.   with much interest

Offline Ims Roll

• Ride safe, Ride hard
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 05:01:24 AM »
nice roller just need a motor and your gold, no need for a seat it will just increase your standing form  :wink:
The 2-smoke runs deep in this one...

Offline B.Green

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 01:50:46 PM »
Dont think that didnt cross my mind aswell   :-D

Offline motopunk

• www.der-motopunk.de.tl
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 12:29:17 AM »
It's always awesome to see people start riding or doing projects again! Engine + Seat = running  kx 500. Rock on buddy! Lol, I can't wait to follow this project. I just wish I knew more so I could help  :-D

3 years ago i only had an old KX250 frame. and now it's finished as my KX500 steel frame project. 8-) was hard to find all the parts. I would have been happy if I'd just had to get only motor and seat. :-)
 I am a great friend of all guys, who bring bikes back to life and not only parting out. some bikes deserve to get a second chance.  :wink:
big 2 stroke bikes are weapons for real men, who don´t fear death or devil. ;O)
´83 kx250, ´87 kx250 (with 360 big bore), 87 kx500, ´93 kx500 sfc

---  www.der-motopunk.de.tl  ---

Offline B.Green

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 12:36:10 AM »
I agree brother, one of the best thing's is the feeling you get inside cause coming from what we have acheived, a true feeling of accomplishment for a great reason. Rock on.

Offline motopunk

• www.der-motopunk.de.tl
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 07:25:37 AM »
I agree brother, one of the best thing's is the feeling you get inside cause coming from what we have acheived, a true feeling of accomplishment for a great reason. Rock on.

that it is much more fun than just go to the dealer and buy a new bike. I've already played as a small child with father's tools and built crazy models of anything with wheels. :-D :mrgreen:

Offline B.Green

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2013, 01:25:16 PM »
Nobody could say it better.    HEY, HEY YOU TURN THAT SH*T UP!!!!  :-D

Offline motopunk

• www.der-motopunk.de.tl
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2013, 05:27:44 PM »
Nobody could say it better.    HEY, HEY YOU TURN THAT SH*T UP!!!!  :-D

and i´m always on very low budget, what makes the feeling to finish a projekt so much higher...  :-D :mrgreen:

and a proposal for you. if you dont find a KX500 engine, You Could Use also a 250 engine. the frame of KX500 from 88-2004 is nearly the same as `88 /` 89 KX250 and with an 250 shock(92-2002) and welding the right bolt-ons to the frame and subframe you maybe could use a later 250-pipe and muffler.
 you have many options at this point, where you are now...( and this an idea for a next projekt with my big bore 360-motor, if i could sell or trade my 97 kx250 and find a bike like this, cause i´m planning to go in vintage-racing only.. )...  :-)

Offline B.Green

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2013, 09:44:59 PM »
Yeah I've had thoughts about that 250 route aswell. But just to own a kick ass 500 would be killer. Right now since I literally only have had the bike in my hand's for 3 weeks I gotta do some saving unless I get a great deal, but I think I'm o.k for now. I'll be taking it apart and cleaning it from top to bottom, ya know checking break's line's and bushings alot of cleaning. Then buying the cheapest (meaning price not quality  :wink:) thing's along the way. So I'm ready for a long process (when you rush you forget sh*t). Besides I want this baby to gleam and scream bro  :-D, with all the correct pieces. Hey I'm in know rush.Talk soon, B.G.

Offline motopunk

• www.der-motopunk.de.tl
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2013, 11:55:28 PM »
I meant it as a compromise with the 250 engine till you have the big engine. the smaller engines are easier to get on the market ...  :wink: .. and so you can run the bike in first as 250 and then finish later with the k5- motor...  8-)