Author Topic: Moab motorcycle vacation  (Read 2603 times)

Rick

Moab motorcycle vacation
« on: March 13, 2003, 02:43:03 AM »
I am looking for information on the Moab area, and motorcycle opportunities and restrictions.  I have looked at quite a few site on the web, but it seems if your bike is not powered by legs, there is not much information.  I would really like to nail down the following:

- where is the best place to camp (don't need much, as the trialer has everything from bathroom to generator to satilite dish).  In the middle of nowhere and free would be just fine.  It would be nice if we can camp in an area where we can ride right out of camp without putting the bikes in the van.
- good trials on which to travel.  I don't really want to spend my days on two track roads, but will need to ride my wife on some of the easier scenic trails.
- Any problems in Utah with my 13 year old son riding trails
- We will be spending the entire week of 3/23 through 3/29, so have lots of time to exlplore
- do I need any special permits to use the area?
- anything else I need to know

I hope there are some folks on the forum who have been to Moab riding so I can plan a great trip.

Thanks

Rick

moburki

Moab motorcycle vacation
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2003, 02:15:19 PM »
rick, i have'nt ridden my kx down there, but i have pedalled everything down there, almost. i know there are a lot of areas that allow fossil fuel burning, poison spider, is one i know for sure. anything that four wheelers tromp, we can tromp, less the pavement connected trails. i will try to get some more info from a buddy who lives, wheels, and rides (an atk, ha!). i'll get back with you. in the meantime, check out some moab wheeling sites, they should help.
mo