Author Topic: New guy from canada's west coast  (Read 1627 times)

Offline codym

New guy from canada's west coast
« on: March 25, 2013, 03:55:39 PM »
 Well Last month i picked up an '05 KX125 to get me back into riding, im 24 5'11" 150lbs so it is more than enough to haul me around, started riding as a kid but gave it up when i got my license and 4x4s took up most of my funds but im at a point where i can afford both so i picked this one up and im loving it. As it sits the bike is mostly stock performance wise, it has the FMF fatty gold series pipe thats it.Cosmetic wise Fat bars, hand gaurds, gripper seat.

Now I'm seeking a bit of advice, being that i live in british columbia i have everything from wide open space to tight mountain trails, i have no desire to race the bike so i realize that 2 strokes are not the most trail friendly bikes but its what i have and given the simplicity of 2 strokes its what i intend to stick with. That said what are some recommendations to make it a bit more trail friendly for when i need to slow the bike down a bit. At the moment its has a 13/51 sprockets would this be a suitable combo or should a drop/add a tooth and i figure i will grab a flywheel weight. I dont mind losing a bit off the top end as given my injury record on 2wheels this thing goes way to fast as is.

Thanks.

Lastly here is the bike
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 03:58:43 PM by codym »

Offline kxpegger

Re: New guy from canada's west coast
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 06:50:51 AM »
Welcome aboard!  Smaller displacement two strokes are great woods bikes. Your wide open spaces may challenge the bike a little if you want top speed in addition to tight stuff gearing. You may have to experiment a little to find a good compromise.
North Las Vegas

"05" RMZ450, "08" KX500AF "11" KTM 450SX-F "12" KTM 250SX "15" KTM450SX-F