Author Topic: Customer story  (Read 2850 times)

Offline GREENKAW24

• Pinsonnault Racing
Customer story
« on: March 25, 2013, 06:02:09 AM »
Customer story:
Did a 275cc big bore kit ported, plus complete engine rebuild for a customer with a 2002 RM250. This was completed in May 2012. He sent me pictures shortly after getting the bike running with a lot of sludge coming out of the silencer. I asked his jetting and his fuel and he was running too much octane and was jetted too rich. I gave him some baseline jetting settings and didn't hear him since other than asking for a quote on an RMZ rebuild.
10 months later he tells me his clutch side crank seal is bad, hes bringing it somewhere to be fixed, and it will cost $200 to fix (before bringing it anywhere) Keep in mind that this $15 seal can be replaced in a half hour. He says I must pay or my company name will be bashed all over the internet.  I offered to have him ship the motor to us to fix it for nothing and refund his shipping to him but he wanted no part of that. Said he didn't have time to take it out and ship it.
Now also keep in mind that it is now 10 months later and I have no proof on how much this thing has been ridden or beaten and I still offered to fix it for free.
I asked for pictures and video of the bike running as it is so I could prove or try to troubleshoot with the video and also asked for a company name and phone number where he's bringing the bike to so I can talk to them.
he said he would have to pay somebody to take a video and I would have to reimburse him for that.
After repeatedly stalling, He finally gave me a phone number to where he's bringing it and after searching it came up as a shop that went out of business 5 years ago.

Offline GREENKAW24

• Pinsonnault Racing
Re: Customer story
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 06:08:46 AM »
So basically after telling him I can't help him anymore I got Ripoff Report and Better Business Bureau threats.
Just thought I'd share this with everyone.

Motorrad

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 06:22:44 AM »
So basically after telling him I can't help him anymore I got Ripoff Report and Better Business Bureau threats.
Just thought I'd share this with everyone.

Back when I was running my Security camera company.     man we got all kinds with that ... the perinoid kind, etc.

The few dirt bike guys I have delt with, arnt far off.    stubborn and cant tune worth crap...   blow it up, being dumb, and blame the motor builder.

Where is your BBB thing?   I didnt realize you were part of it.  Id like to put up positive info..   as Im 125% happy with Pinnsonault racing..

Offline GREENKAW24

• Pinsonnault Racing
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 06:35:18 AM »
I'm not part of it. He said he's getting things started with them.  :-)

Offline turdle

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 06:54:13 AM »
 i wouldn't really worry about him GK 24. He's one of those guys that would bitch if he was hung with a new rope as my fasha in law would say. :-D Seriously, after being in the shoe repair business for 32 years, owning it for 25, customers like him you cant worry about. You did everything you possibly could to satisfy, but he did not want to be satisfied. i know it will still bother you,[ it still does bother  me too] but as long as I can tell my self  I went above and beyond thats all you can do !! plus all of his freinds already know what a dufuss he is and dont listen to him anyway !!

Offline Enginerd

• Big Bore Addict!
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 07:00:35 AM »
I agree with Turdle.  You tried to make good on a problem that may not have even been of your doing.  Thats good customer service!

Offline alward25

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 07:03:37 AM »
You handled it the best u could, even better.  We all will consider the source.  We all know u rock!!!!
"Let there be light"