Author Topic: dirtbike passenger pegs  (Read 6204 times)

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
  • Sikorsky CH-53E the KX500 of Marine Corps aviation
dirtbike passenger pegs
« on: March 15, 2013, 09:47:44 AM »
Found these in the very back of my latest DirtRider magazine......pretty cool.....times that I've taken the wifey for a dirt ride i've had to have her feet on the pegs and mine ontop of hers.....not too fun.....I've also had to ride people out of trouble before.  Hell, I already carry enough crap in my tool pack to rebuild a tank so these shouldn't make any difference.

http://www.rescuepegs.com/index.htm
I once heard my buddy Bill ask Danny Hamel after a race....
"How can someone who looks like a high school band tuba player go so d**n fast on a bike?!"

Offline motopunk

• www.der-motopunk.de.tl
Re: dirtbike passenger pegs
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 10:58:03 AM »
very nice ... these pegs are simple and helps a lot...  8-)

some times i rode my mx-bike with passenger  i had my feet left and right on the motor and passenger with his feet on the pegs, had to shift the gears or rear brake according to my instructions. so that we could not go very fast, but was a little bit funny. :-D
with an injured back on it, the rescue pegs are a very good alternative.
big 2 stroke bikes are weapons for real men, who don´t fear death or devil. ;O)
´83 kx250, ´87 kx250 (with 360 big bore), 87 kx500, ´93 kx500 sfc

---  www.der-motopunk.de.tl  ---

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 07:07:44 PM »
What a neat idea! Have done the ride with me shifting/braking then putting my feet up on the cases. Not fun! Not sure what a KX5 would be like with a person on behind. "Hold my beer! Watch this!!!!!!"
Things Are More Like They Are Today Then They Have Ever Been Before...

Offline Polar-Bus

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 09:38:18 PM »
Great idea, as long as the emergency  "spoon ride" does not get leaked out on the the internet by your smarta$$ riding buddies...  even worse if there is video proof !   :oops:
01' KX500
'84 GPz1100
'87 GSX-R  750
'06 HD Fatboy
'73 Kawi H1
'03 CRG KX500 Shifter kart

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 10:50:32 PM »
Great idea, as long as the emergency  "spoon ride" does not get leaked out on the the internet by your smarta$$ riding buddies...  even worse if there is video proof !   :oops:

haha...you got those kind of friends too huh?
I can see it  now....a harmless pic riding your buddy back to the truck so he can go back to retrieve his bike....with the words...
                                            "Nuts-n-Butts Racing".....
                      "Sponsored by The Blue Oyster and The Village People"

...written all over it.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline motopunk

• www.der-motopunk.de.tl
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 11:22:05 PM »
What a neat idea! Have done the ride with me shifting/braking then putting my feet up on the cases. Not fun! Not sure what a KX5 would be like with a person on behind. "Hold my beer! Watch this!!!!!!"

...you can´t ride fast  with passenger on a motocrossbike! ...and there gives only fun if your passenger knows what he is doing behind you. each motorcycle can only do what the rider wants! control of throttle, clutch and frontbrake is in your hand. if one does fail, the whole dangerous even on a 85cc engine .  :mrgreen:

in fact, this rescuepegs make it much safer... :-D

Offline motopunk

• www.der-motopunk.de.tl
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 11:59:20 PM »

I can see it  now....a harmless pic riding your buddy back to the truck so he can go back to retrieve his bike....with the words...

...written all over it.

hey foxx...  :-D
 someone i had also my girl on the back. 'm sometimes with her to swim in the lake after the motocross training. this way there on the field, you can not go by car. and to far to walk on there ...

"Sponsored by The Blue Oyster and The Village People" ...

how poetic, spoken nice and ironic.. :-D

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 12:18:37 AM »
Motopunk,I agree...it's always a good thing to have a riding buddy,whether it's your girlfriend,or just a buddy with you....something I never seem to do.None of my friends want to go riding at 7am....they would rather go in the afternoon,so I usually end up riding alone,but I carry my cell phone,in case I have any problems.

It's always comical to have smart ass friends that make jokes about simple things....like pictures. :-D
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 12:27:03 AM by Foxx4Beaver »
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline motopunk

• www.der-motopunk.de.tl
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 12:36:03 AM »
well, there always remains the danger of accident. then when you're lying somewhere alone with broken bones. or unconscious .. nobody will find you the same. thats s**t ... :-(

if I were alone, I'll wait until someone comes along and then start the ride. or engine stays cold ... 8-)

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 12:49:38 AM »
I'm used to riding alone...and at times prefer to,sometimes having to wait for guys,or turn around and look for guys can be a pain.
I'm lucky enough to be able to ride right out of my back yard,and go for miles....but I generally stay within 15 minutes of my house.I have alot of awesome trails/loops...several homemade tracks made in the power lines,and sand pits all within a few minutes of riding from my house....and there's always other guys out and about,so it's not like I'm totally "alone".

Offline motopunk

• www.der-motopunk.de.tl
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 06:24:24 AM »
I'm used to riding alone...and at times prefer to,sometimes having to wait for guys,or turn around and look for guys can be a pain.
I'm lucky enough to be able to ride right out of my back yard,and go for miles....but I generally stay within 15 minutes of my house.I have alot of awesome trails/loops...several homemade tracks made in the power lines,and sand pits all within a few minutes of riding from my house....and there's always other guys out and about,so it's not like I'm totally "alone".

then that is a good thing if there is always someone, where do you ride ...you live in crossers paradise ...  :-D

my problem is when I do Training supervision on our club-track, it may happen that no one comes, especially in the summer when the big-mouth-crossers are all on the lake  :evil:. and I can not just go away. I must then wait at least half of the opening time. then it's worth it for me not to go to another track, cause the most close at 6 a clock.

We open Saturday afternoon at 2 ... I can go if it is 4 a clock. then 40 minutes drive to the other location. at last says that only 10 laps on the bike and home again.

free riding is not possible here, where I live now.
I hope that I the house and farmland of my grandmother can get. Then I want to build my own track behind the house. problem solved ...  :mrgreen:

Offline Polar-Bus

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 06:58:02 AM »

...written all over it.

Watch out for injured passengers from "Team Reach-Around"  :-o
01' KX500
'84 GPz1100
'87 GSX-R  750
'06 HD Fatboy
'73 Kawi H1
'03 CRG KX500 Shifter kart

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 07:22:47 AM »

...written all over it.

"Reach Around" would lose both arms if they tried that....unless they had long blonde hair,and big ole boobies. :wink:

Offline motopunk

• www.der-motopunk.de.tl
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 08:02:19 AM »

...written all over it.

"Reach Around" would lose both arms if they tried that....unless they had long blonde hair,and big ole boobies. :wink:

Who does not want that? ... thats ideal passenger ... but rather let them sit in the front so that your back is not dented by her big boobs ...  :-D :-D :-D

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2013, 06:57:26 PM »
Yeah, BUT, I had one on the back like that (blond, stacked) but she had never been on a motorcycle before. I found this out when we went into the first corner (tight) at speed and she leaned OPPOSITE. Pretty sure I was hanging off by my knee to get around it. Soon as I got it straight I pulled over and had a gentle discussion about 'staying with the rider'. The best part is she just clung tight to me for the rest of the ride!
Things Are More Like They Are Today Then They Have Ever Been Before...