Author Topic: MPS all bad? Or good? tell me your experience  (Read 20024 times)

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
Re: MPS all bad? Or good? tell me your experience
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2014, 12:48:24 AM »
had to use a skid steer to stress the rails apart enough to get the cases in the mounts.

WTF?? :? :lol:...I can just imagine the look on a customers face if they were to walk in his shop to see how their bike was coming along....and see someone "stressing" the frame of their bike they're paying thousands for, with a skid steer...just to fit the motor :x
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2014, 03:32:29 AM »
Ouch! Yeah, that would be a bit much... A come along or 10 ton port a power would be fine  :lol:, but a skid steer? Guess it depends on whether it was one of the big ones or the little bitty ones...  :-o
I think it depends on the amount of correction. 4"-5" off correction is ok  :-P but when you get above 9" it gets questionable.  :roll: I suspect next we will hear about 'heat treating' aluminum frames with a rose bud.
Can not imagine this guy will last long with multiple people posting bad work. The worst would be if someone gets hurt.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 03:35:49 AM by Brute »
Things Are More Like They Are Today Then They Have Ever Been Before...

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2014, 03:39:10 AM »
The worst would be if someone gets hurt.

yeah...that's just "it".....talk about taking your own life into someone else's hands there...hopefully that'll never happen.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline jc5057

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2015, 05:02:46 PM »
Yeah MPS is not a place I would trust

Offline Kraemer864

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2015, 06:04:14 AM »
I've heard nothing good about mps. I had the start of my build posted on Facebook. I just began the cutting and they starting bashing me saying they've never cut out the cradle of the bike and I'm doing it totally wrong and I should have brought it to them blah blah blah. Then they also claimed how I shouldn't listen to the forums about building af's because they're all a bunch of amateurs. I've seen some of the best builds I've ever seen on here, let alone the welding is night and day compared to their welds. The guy doesn't seem too nice, so I'm glad im doing it on my own because I won't rig it together because so the quality of the build will be very good compared to someone who's just doing it for the money. Also the guy who is welding my bike is very good, I've seen his work. I say if you want to build a bike do it on your own, or if you have the money get one through service honda\Kawasaki.

Offline tkeen511

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2015, 09:21:38 AM »
Hahaha dan I just posted a new topic about this in the general section!
14 250 sx, 98/14 kx 300 afc, 91 kx 500, 72 s2 350, 11 ktm 250xcw, 10 crf 250x, 97 Montesa 315r, couple other bikes

Offline Charlie500

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2015, 06:45:24 PM »
Mps Racing
Hey Charlie you want to see our work? Post your s**t on someone elses page or call us if your serious I'm not in business to give out our secrets and we dont need your followers on their as wel...l not sure what your looking for but seems like you have a habit of just popping in now and then and starting s**t. You have our number..... here it is 419-351-4707  We are ready to make your KX450 10 lbs lighter with 10 more HP Thanks
Charlie Lacroix
11:30am
Charlie Lacroix
Post my s**t on someone elses page? wow man, what are you talking about? I'm just curious as to how your stuff holds up and what it looks like... I don't feel comfortable sending my stuff to you if your going to f**k it all up and send it back to me... How am i supposed to know what your stuff looks like if you won't show me? You ignored my request several times... My guess is you actually do crappy work, only reason i say that is because of what everyone else tells me...
Charlie Lacroix
11:33am
Charlie Lacroix
I've read lots and lots of horrible reviews of your company and the kind of work that you do... I wanted to give you a chance to send me some pics of what you do to prove them wrong and earn my trust and business... your insanely rude response only tells me one thing... Your a complete Ass Hole that rips people off... I only asked nicely to see what you can do and offer me...
Charlie Lacroix
11:37am
Charlie Lacroix
http://www.kxriders.com/forums/index.php/topic,13589.0.html
is this your work? lol
Mps Racing
2/24, 11:38am
Mps Racing
f**k you click I live doing this with clowns like you

This is my conversation with him after asking to see some pics of his work... what an ass hole...
2014 KX 450 Bark-Buster

Offline SHLEPY

• Big Member
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2015, 02:35:32 AM »
  HAHA told every body GEORGE FARNELLI was a useless prick,I HAVE ONE OF HIS BIKES.   f**k YOU GEORGE.

Offline Charlie500

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2015, 02:41:55 AM »
He completely flipped out simply by me asking to see his work...
2014 KX 450 Bark-Buster

Offline SHLEPY

• Big Member
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2015, 02:45:13 AM »
he is a dip s**t Charlie every one who knows me knows I don't say much but this prick touches a nerve

Offline RoostiusMaximus

• Millar Racing Engines
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2015, 04:35:51 AM »
I'm going to host a few MPS photos in my skydrive if anyone needs a solid spot to find them for reference  :-P

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=BD4AA2685D9BF2E9&id=BD4AA2685D9BF2E9%2156518

Offline RoostiusMaximus

• Millar Racing Engines
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2015, 06:02:26 AM »
Not my pictures, just gathered

Offline jBernard

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2015, 06:30:30 AM »
" I'm not in business to give out our secrets  "

loss for words.
'09 KX500AF - never ending project
'14 KTM 300SX

Offline Kwackerman

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2015, 08:04:31 AM »
Guys, I'm building a MPS K5 hybrid right now.  In fact, I just got off the phone with George about a mix-up on my pipe I vented about over on my 500AF thread (1990 KX 500 to 06 KXF 450 Kwackerman).  He's beinding over backward to make this right.  It seems Dynoport misstamped my pipe and I actually got a 250 pipe and some guy in canada got my 450 pipe for his 250.

I've been working with George since late October and he's been very agreeable and responsive.  I like my frame and you can see tons of picks on my thread of all his work.  It's not factory, but the welds are all good and strong.  I haven't completed the bike and ridden it yet, but I should have it running within another week and I'll post final pics and a ride report over on my thread.

I've read a lot about George and comparing my experience with him to what I've read, I believe the guy is trying to produce a quality product and be more customer oriented.

Offline SHLEPY

• Big Member
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2015, 10:59:45 AM »
 Kwackerman if I may ask was your pipe a tight fit did the out side oring not fit into the cylinder if yes you have been mps'ed I had to go with a SH pipe and had no fitment problems.

how was the plumbing fixture from a plumbing supply for the air boot to carb...i did mine the way it should be done and am fixing the same thing on a cr500 that MPS did as we speak.

I hope you didn't pay as much as my buddy and I did and if this sounds bad try paying 6 grand for a bike with out a motor and still have to fix all the s**t that mps could not.

Hope you got a better product at a better price then I did if you have any questions please fell free to PM I can help with the air box your welcome to my templates and knowlage as I learnt it all from here.