Author Topic: 2 piece clutch cover  (Read 155927 times)

Motorrad

Re: 2 piece clutch cover
« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2013, 06:01:38 AM »
Looking at these, and how cool they are, I was thinking, "Why not weld five or six half round pieces to my original cover, drill them undersize, then cut it off with a thin tool, tap the bottom, drill the top to size and put a gasket or RTV it back together?” Then I realize, MORE WORK. Don’t burn clutches up anyway. I just FINALLY got the bracket made for my PD/MZB coil/EEC. I don’t need to be making more work for myself by messing with the clutch cover! Look great though! Very nice!

Thats exactly where I left it Brute.

Motivation is a rare comodity these days.   with a pregnant crazy wife, and a 2.5 year old

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2013, 07:22:26 AM »
Looking at these, and how cool they are, I was thinking, "Why not weld five or six half round pieces to my original cover, drill them undersize, then cut it off with a thin tool, tap the bottom, drill the top to size and put a gasket or RTV it back together?” Then I realize, MORE WORK. Don’t burn clutches up anyway. I just FINALLY got the bracket made for my PD/MZB coil/EEC. I don’t need to be making more work for myself by messing with the clutch cover! Look great though! Very nice!

When I get this done and all figured out, this will be a very easy mod to do as I will have the adapter rings available.
That is the hardest part of this project.
Remember, if I can do it, any half wit can do it.
I'm good with a computer and taking things apart but putting them back together?  :roll:
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2013, 05:43:49 PM »
You know you want one..

The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
  • Sikorsky CH-53E the KX500 of Marine Corps aviation
« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2013, 04:41:29 PM »
Last week I said your deadline was mid-this week......tomorrow is mid-week......where is my clutch cover Blaster!? :-D
I once heard my buddy Bill ask Danny Hamel after a race....
"How can someone who looks like a high school band tuba player go so d**n fast on a bike?!"

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2013, 05:03:15 PM »
Wait, I shipped on Monday by Express, you haven't received it yet?

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2013, 05:07:40 PM »
Wait, I shipped on Monday by Express, you haven't received it yet?

NOOOOOO!!  I have not recieved it yet!!  Disatisfied customer alert!!!  Feelings are hurt!!  Its cool, you can send me another clutch cover set up with USMC 500 engraved on it along with your Hinson clutch basket.....

That will at least begin the healing process..... :-D
"How can someone who looks like a high school band tuba player go so d**n fast on a bike?!"

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2013, 05:23:34 PM »
Still waiting for quotes....
Also I have my second clutch cover cut up and at the machine shop for final machine thickness so I'm definitely in this for the long haul....

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2013, 05:28:46 PM »
Still waiting for quotes....
Also I have my second clutch cover cut up and at the machine shop for final machine thickness so I'm definitely in this for the long haul....

Hey.....don't change the subject there buddy......Hinson clutch basket.....mail.....tomorrow.......to me....... :-D

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2013, 05:32:16 PM »
Sorry, I already traded the Hinson to Motorrad for his OD gears...

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2013, 05:41:28 PM »
Sorry, I already traded the Hinson to Motorrad for his OD gears...

BOOM!!........did you hear that?  that is the sound of you bursting my bubble.  hahahahha

Offline husky333

« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2013, 01:52:49 AM »
this is an interesting thread, i am keen to know what they will cost. Keep us posted, if its within my budget i will have 2!

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2013, 08:32:10 AM »
Hey Blaster......where we at with this?  I need this mod done soon......I think I might be needing a clutch in about 2 years. :-D

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2013, 08:42:07 AM »
Ahhhhhh..... Hmmmmmmm.... Duuuuhhhhhh..... Errrrrr.
The dog ate it  :-D
Haven't gotten a quote yet from either source.
I may have to move on to another source.

Offline Polar-Bus

« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2013, 02:52:40 AM »
I have a spare clutch cover if you guys want it. It's been weld repaired from the infamous "rear brake lever stuffed into the side of the case" syndrome. I'll never use it. It would be perfect for a 2pc cover mod.
01' KX500
'84 GPz1100
'87 GSX-R  750
'06 HD Fatboy
'73 Kawi H1
'03 CRG KX500 Shifter kart

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2013, 03:46:00 AM »
I have a spare clutch cover if you guys want it. It's been weld repaired from the infamous "rear brake lever stuffed into the side of the case" syndrome. I'll never use it. It would be perfect for a 2pc cover mod.

throw that baby in the classifieds area.....Either in the "for sale" seciton if you want $$$ for it or in the new "free/barter" section if you wanna give it away......I'll be lookin... :-D