Author Topic: glad to be back!  (Read 1781 times)

Offline bleeding green

glad to be back!
« on: December 16, 2012, 12:10:36 AM »
Hello fellow kx riders! My name is scott and have been away from the board for a while. i used to have a 87 kx 500 and sold it last spring. I thought i was ready for the 250 2 stroke world. So i bought a newer aluminum framed 250 that was beautiful. From the first hit of the throttle headed down the trail i knew things were never going to be the same and all though i enjoyed the handling i never stopped missing the power of the big 500. And let me not forget to mention that sound of a crisply jetted open class beast! Well i made it through the season on my 250 and sold it in late sept. I took a little time to decide how to remedy the situation and decided to look for a newer 500. Well i found my new friend yesterday and brought it home.  I am the extremely proud owner of a 2000 Kawasaki KX 500! It is completely stock with the only add on being an FMF Turbine Core spark arrestor. I feel like I am looking at a blank canvas and cant wait to get creating this winter! Sorry for being so long winded but i am very excited to be back!

as a side note.  those of you thinking about dumping your big, heavy, hard to kick over 500 for the latest and greatest......   please make sure because nothing satisfies like a K5! :-D

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
Re: glad to be back!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 12:26:49 AM »
Congratulations....now get a pic of it posted so we can check it out!! :-D
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 03:56:36 AM »
+1  :-D
The 2000 was my first K5.
That was a few K5's ago...
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline KawiMad

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 10:11:07 AM »
The KX 500 is a beast of a bike with no substitute, unless your talking about the AF. I am in the process of upgrading my 2001 i just purchased in October. I started with the front fork springs (48 Kg Revtec) and have added other stuff, I'm getting ready to purchase some Emig Dog Bones to make it turn better. Let me know how it's going.

Semper Fi  :-D