Author Topic: Reed recomendation.  (Read 2699 times)

Offline bjohn07

Reed recomendation.
« on: February 06, 2013, 04:45:13 PM »
so i took a look at my reeds and they have a gap that i can see light through, even after flipping them.  makes me think that this was contributing to my idle issue.      so im gonna replace them, they are carbon ones, i was looking at another carbon set boysen superstock for 40 or i can save about 10 bucks and go with some boysen power reeds or dual stage.  not even sure where to start but what do you guys recommend?  also while im at it, i saw some torque spacers,  is it worth the 30 bucks to add one.   

Offline bjohn07

Re: Reed recomendation.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 04:58:59 PM »
are fmf torque reeds any good.  found a set 10 bucks. 

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 05:34:01 PM »
If you can find one I like the VForce II the best but I don't know the first thing about the one you mentioned.
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 05:49:58 PM »
 Shoot, You probably won't find any Cheaper than that.
    I'm sure that if they are new they should work to get you up and running.
You can always get a spacer and add one later, if you get the bike running well pretty much stock
 there will allways be some kind of a baseline to work from.  
  Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline bjohn07

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 05:51:13 PM »
If you can find one I like the VForce II the best but I don't know the first thing about the one you mentioned.
i found a used on on ebay.  v force 3 model.  bids are low but it still has several days.   if i cant score it i was just gonna put replacement reeds in.  im deploying in october so i just want to get it going again and have some fun then do alot of rebuilding and upgrading engine and suspension wise once i get home.  

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 06:30:32 PM »

so i just want to get it going again and have some fun then do alot of rebuilding and upgrading engine and suspension wise once i get home.
Now that sounds like a good plan! 
   The fmf reeds will work, the V-F II are sought after by guys around here for sure.   Keep an eye out for one.   If you decide you don't like it it won't be hard to sell!   Blaster's suggestions have quite a bit of expierience behind them.  And well ....Yeah, he does make a living doing this stuff :mrgreen:
  and doing quite handsomely at that! 8-)  Tuck \o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"