Author Topic: the last TRUE powerstroke!!  (Read 13281 times)

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
  • Sikorsky CH-53E the KX500 of Marine Corps aviation
the last TRUE powerstroke!!
« on: December 22, 2012, 04:09:23 AM »
2001 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariet 7.3 Powerstroke............not stock :-D

This is what it looks like while at play.......

And this is what it looks like while at work.......

I once heard my buddy Bill ask Danny Hamel after a race....
"How can someone who looks like a high school band tuba player go so d**n fast on a bike?!"

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
Re: the last TRUE powerstroke!!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 04:30:42 AM »
By "not stock"...does that mean you're runnin propane injectors,or something fun?? 

Oh yeah...nice truck by the way!!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 04:32:44 AM by Foxx4Beaver »
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline 81cr450

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 04:32:15 AM »
What's the contraption on the trailer?
if I only had a pair, I could actually ride this thing

& to the people I like  FYYFF

Motorrad

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 04:49:47 AM »
Wait.  It shrank??!!

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 05:41:44 AM »
What's the contraption on the trailer?

The contraption IS the trailer......hahahha.....works like the portable rock climing walls that they have at fairs......stands right up and when vertical it is used to train wind turbine techs, fire fighters, etc on how to perform high angle rescues.  

Its a mobile resuce training tower.  This is what it looks like when in use.  Its only 26 ft high but it still provides plenty of scenarios for use of different types of rescue equipment and devices.  The whole trailer only weighs 10,000 lbs but the majority of that weight is up high so it makes hauling it an interesting  :-o adventure.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 05:50:34 AM by USMC 500 »
"How can someone who looks like a high school band tuba player go so d**n fast on a bike?!"

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 05:57:48 AM »
By "not stock"...does that mean you're runnin propane injectors,or something fun?? 

Oh yeah...nice truck by the way!!

no propane or water injection......not yet at least.....

Just the usual upgrades...........injectors, GTP38R ball bearing turbo, high flow intake, programmer, full turbo back exhaust (did not have a catalytic from the factory), regulated fuel return mod........

Doesn't have the HP or TQ that these newer $80,000 trucks have but I've driven them all and this "old" truck puts the power down better and hauls better than the 2012 Duramax Dually that my company has just purchased.
More to come.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 06:06:18 AM »
Nice,so it RIPS!!.
A guy I used to work with framing houses on the side several years ago had the EXACT same truck(just black),and all he had done to it was threw in a SuperChip...and I s**t you not,that thing would smolder the duals,and put you in the seat...and keep you there!!!...that was my first introduction to the diesel world,and I was impressed. :-D
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 03:17:28 AM »
This is not my 7.3 but I had to post it up, lets see a some of todays cars try and reach numbers like this.....I just turned 102,000 miles on mine so its safe to say that it finally broke in. :-D

Motorrad

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 02:35:02 PM »
This is not my 7.3 but I had to post it up, lets see a some of todays cars try and reach numbers like this.....I just turned 102,000 miles on mine so its safe to say that it finally broke in. :-D

better not go look at what the cummins dodge guys are turning those odomiters over to.     You will put your tail between your legs and go hide...

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 03:04:29 PM »

better not go look at what the cummins dodge guys are turning those odomiters over to.     You will put your tail between your legs and go hide...

The Cummins will last forever.......the truck on the other hand will begin to fall apart at about 30,000 miles......Tehachapi is a dodge community for some reason or other and every dodge built post 90's seems to be very cheaply built.  Our company had a 2012 dodge cummins that had both tail lights fall off because of broken tabs.  Thats just one example......but I love the cummins engine...well, except that stupid blue tec engine.  Very underpowered when compared to previous years and cant even idle the thing in the morning to warm them up because that stupid exhaust filter will get 90% clogged up if idled for more than 5-10 minutes. :|

My KX500 however runs great with that Cummins bearing in it. ;)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 03:10:10 PM by USMC 500 »

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 11:56:11 AM »
Chuck Norris once had a Powerstroke that had 1,000,000,000 miles on it because it was too afraid to break down on him. :-D

Offline 89blaster89

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2013, 04:12:55 AM »
nice trailer  :mrgreen:

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2013, 03:45:38 PM »
AHHHHH!!  What I did today was the equivalent to taking a $50 bill and setting it on fire.....A total waste of $50!!  On What you ask?!........

You see here in California we have an epidemic....this epidemic is all the people who live in the city that have discovered that if you buy a diesel truck and put a programmer you can instantly make 700hp.....So what do all these sheep do?....They all go out to buy diesel trucks which hikes up demand and have risen the average price of a truck to that of an exotic sports car......then they put 24 inch wheels with mud tires to drive in the city and have drawn attention to truck owners by law enforcement......And of course since everyone needs a diesel truck to look cool on Sunset Blvd, Diesel fuel has shot up past the highest grade of gasoline which causes your milk to cost $5 a gallon.....how you ask?  Higher fuel prices equal higher grocery prices because those really big semi's that deliver your grocerys to the market run on....you guessed it.....DIESEL!!.....And to finish off the kick to the nuts....I now have to SMOG my DIESEL truck???!! :x.......Thats what cost me $50!!  If you look on my smog print out you will see N/A next to almost all of the catagories....... A diesel smog in Cali consists of a visual under the hood to make sure you havent added any performance enhancers, a visual of the tail pipe to make sure the truck won't blow black smoke, and they are looking for "check engine" lights.......thats it!!  Thats what costs $50!!

Oh and by the way, to all the city freaks who wanna look cool in their diesel trucks.....here is a little hint......Black smoke does not equal BIG POWER!!  It is unburned wasted fuel......when you bump your programmer to level 10,000 "Super Fast" your induction system and exhaust system won't flow enough air to support all that additional fuel......so all you are doing is dumping unburned fuel out the ass end and drawing attention to all of us who use our trucks for hauling toys and for work!!  If you look at true performace diesel trucks (sled pulls) they blow smoke when spooling the turbo but once under load they clear up......

So that was my rant for the day......thanks for listening.....I needed that. :-D

Offline don46

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 10:28:02 AM »
I had a 01 7.3, and I have to say it was a great truck, I also had/have a 6.0, 6.4 and a 6.7 and honestly the only one that was a piece of crap was the 6.4, no power and never. ever loaded or empty did it get 10 mpg mostly towing 5 or less, it was a joke. The 6.0 was OK, but coming over the grapevine at about 80 in 90 degree temps hauling a load of bikes it got warm, never hot, and from that time it ate coolant, had it in twice for warranty never could fix it which is how I ended up with the 6.4. Currently I drive a 6.7, love the truck and the tranny, it will do 19 empty driving 80 and I routinely get 11-13 pulling a 41' toy hauler 75-80 mph. to make a long story short I like it as much as my 01 and in some instances it is better as well as way quieter. I liked all my 7.3's, had 3 of them got nothing but good to say about them. like I said the only jonah I've had is the 6.4.
Live today, for tomorrow may never come

Offline Dragondude

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2013, 06:26:49 AM »
Buddy of mine had an 03 Cummins 3500. He built up the transmission and engine. Had around 500-600hp 1200 ft lbs of torque (maybe a little less) That thing would smoke the tires. That sucker with a lightly loaded trailer still beat 5.0 mustangs, corvettes.only one corvette beat him and it was by about half a hood. the engine blew at around 150k. He put a crate engine in it, suped it up a little but not nearly as good as the other engine. The truck has about 350k miles on it and still looks awesome.
Pin it to win it!