Author Topic: Fuel cock???  (Read 3421 times)

Offline brooksie

Fuel cock???
« on: December 20, 2012, 02:35:00 PM »
I've noticed that a remote fuel cock is required on the AF builds. What and where can I get one? Suggestions...

Cheers

Offline kxpegger

Re: Fuel cock???
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 04:31:50 PM »
I've noticed that a remote fuel cock is required on the AF builds. What and where can I get one? Suggestions...

Cheers

Not sure what you mean? My 2008 with a stock tank had the petcock at the stock location and my Clarke 3.2. No clearnace issues at all.
North Las Vegas

"05" RMZ450, "08" KX500AF "11" KTM 450SX-F "12" KTM 250SX "15" KTM450SX-F

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 04:37:57 PM »
My 08 KX250F conversion has major clearance issues.
I have started modding by heating it with a heat gun and bending it around.
Haven't finished it yet...
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline stevea100m

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 10:31:19 AM »
I wound up using a petcock for a 99-02 kx125 or 250

Offline brooksie

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 01:30:50 PM »
Thanks for the responses fellas.

Had a good look at it today. Haven't seen it for a few months as I've been away and it's at the "frame builders" place. All the engine mounts are done and look great. The front mounts are removable. I really didn't want them welded as this has been a problamatic issue with other builds.

Looks like I'll be able to just manage with the standard fuel cock, but it's very close to the bleed bolt on the cylinder head.

But now I have another problem. The spark plug! That's going to to take a fair bit of remodelling on the underside of the tank to get enough clearance. Hope I don't eff it up!

Held up now what to do about radiators. The right looks fine with a 3mm washer on the bottom to pack it out a bit to clear the frame rail. But the left is a real headache. The standard 250f leftside is so long and hits the pipe in a big way. I was thinking of getting two right sides made in a 40mm core. Or, buy a set of original 500 rads and go from there. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

Offline RoostDaddy

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 02:58:42 PM »
not sure how much clearance you need for the spark plug, but some guys have been running this shorty to help: BR8ECM
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed.