Author Topic: Another AF but different  (Read 2551 times)

Offline cmotodad

Another AF but different
« on: September 28, 2012, 04:29:36 PM »
As a racer all my life, working on bikes is a great amount of fun no matter what brand. Having built 3 Cr500 AF,s, it is now time to build KX version. Will be using an 04 CRF250 chassis with an 89 KX motor. Building them is almost as much fun as riding them

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
Re: Another AF but different
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 11:49:58 PM »
Just wondering why you're going with a Honda chassis.Is there a significant advantage using the Honda,or is that just what you prefer to use,or was that what was available at the time?
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline cmotodad

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 05:32:11 PM »
So  Sorry about the slow response. I have access to an 04 CRF roller very cheap and I like the handling of that chassis too.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 09:43:03 PM »
Ok cool...just wondering,because I'm hoping to do a conversion too in the next year,and was just wondering if there was any greater advantage with the Honda.
Don't worry about the slow response....I'm not like some member(s) who throw a fitty and say...."you know what, this site sucks"....when someone does'nt answer a question right away. :-D
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
  • Sikorsky CH-53E the KX500 of Marine Corps aviation
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 10:34:09 AM »
THIS SITE SUX AND I WANT A REFUND!!!!!

HAHAHA...good luck with the AF project.....be sure to post lots of pictures.
I once heard my buddy Bill ask Danny Hamel after a race....
"How can someone who looks like a high school band tuba player go so d**n fast on a bike?!"