Author Topic: 2-stroke powered ninja 250r?  (Read 4507 times)

Offline 81cr450

2-stroke powered ninja 250r?
« on: November 25, 2012, 04:15:13 PM »
I'm sure I'm not the only one on here who's had the thought of a 2-stroke powered ninja 250r.
Especially seeing PVO's fabed up machine. What I'm wondering is anybody "seen" any links anywhere of completed build's. Fabbing a whole bike would be beyond me, but a conversion I could manage.
I'm thinking it couldnt be much different than building an AF bike. Ideally I like the new CBR 250 r honda with a kx500 motor in it, cause the steel frame would be easier to work with & it's gotta be slimmer with a single cylinder motor which would make everything line up better kicker & sprocket wise.
If I was to use the 2008+ ninja250 I think the banshee motor would be a better pick to fit the twin cylinder frame. I've seen one of the 1st gen 250 ninja's done on youtube but it wasnt very informative & was only a buzz up & down the street
cr500 builds would even interest me , just trying find more info period.
As far as a single cylinder & vibes , it really wouldnt be any worse than in a dirtbike would it? :|
Thanks for any input

if I only had a pair, I could actually ride this thing

& to the people I like  FYYFF

Offline Dutch-K5 Fan

Re: 2-stroke powered ninja 250r?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 06:42:29 AM »
What about a KR-1S http://www.kr-1s.co.uk/
It's a original kawasaki 2stoke racer and maybe there can be a bigbore kit made for like.
http://www.twostrokeshop.com/Aprilia_RS500_2008.htm
The RS250 is based on a RG250 Suzuki.
If you could get a TSS500 kawasaki engine, that would be  :-o

Dutchie
Proud owner of a KX500AF

Offline 81cr450

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 02:53:57 PM »
The two stroke shop makes some sweet bikes. I'd love 2 have 1 but I'm cheap, thats why I was thinking the near free ninja. The newest ninja 250 has more modern tire sizes, which makes finding sticky rubbers :-o easier. Some cool iron on that link to
http://www.kr-1s.co.uk/ though. I really like this one

http://www.kr-1s.co.uk/articles/PerformancebikesMagazineKR-1_350.php

The rear swinger just looks sick. I was also suprized to see that Kawasaki & suzuki had teamed up previously too

Offline E ticket rider

• Born to lose, live to win
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 02:02:08 AM »
I found this a while back on ebay, some where in Fla. It sold for $5k. H-2 750 triple shoehorned int an alu frame. :-D

I know its not a KX, but its still BADASS!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 02:43:04 AM by E ticket rider »
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day!
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night , Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life!

Motorrad

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 04:59:59 AM »
Doesn't look like there was much "shoehorning" to get that motor in there...   Looks like it just fell in..

Offline E ticket rider

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 05:05:29 AM »
Yeah..... that was sarcasm :lol:
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day!
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night , Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life!

Offline 81cr450

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 11:30:39 AM »
"I know its not a KX, but its still BADASS!"

Absolutely

That's quite nice , I really like the minimallistic look to it

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 01:00:48 PM »
there's just way too much unoccupied space in that frame.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline 81cr450

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 03:08:24 PM »
I'll give you that Foxx, but it really goes with the minimallistic look. Think about it like; you had a HUGE engine space but the motor is so badass you only had to put in a small one.

I can see the other side of the coin; as in thats alot of space to put the pipes  :evil:

Single sided swinger, near vertical pitch on the forks, massive front rotors. I'd be ecstatic to have that roller to put my 550 in. I'd bet low tens worth of accell , if you had the balls to full launch in first, let alone a 750 trip.

Do water buffalo's have reeds ? Or do they retrofit them? 

Offline E ticket rider

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 03:19:50 PM »
The zuki water buffalo didn't put out nearly the power of the H-2, and it was a lot heaver. I think the guy who built it used ducati front end, rear suspension.
I don't recall what frame it is. he had a video, but I cant find it now. (3 laptops ago).

Offline E ticket rider

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 03:50:25 PM »
Found one of the vids
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2yTfCtZWrbI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Offline 81cr450

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 04:27:05 PM »
That sound's sweet, not the kind of shop I'd expect something like that to come out of

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 01:40:41 AM »
I'll give you that Foxx, but it really goes with the minimallistic look. Think about it like; you had a HUGE engine space but the motor is so badass you only had to put in a small one.

I can see the other side of the coin; as in thats alot of space to put the pipes  :evil:

Single sided swinger, near vertical pitch on the forks, massive front rotors. I'd be ecstatic to have that roller to put my 550 in. I'd bet low tens worth of accell , if you had the balls to full launch in first, let alone a 750 trip.

Do water buffalo's have reeds ? Or do they retrofit them? 

haha...I was actually being a smart a$$ with that comment....but I do fully agree with you 81cr,it just looks "funny" having that much extra room in the cradle....and in the same breath,it does look bad-a$$!!
I don't have any experience with the Kawie tripples,besides hearing them and watching two go down a 1/4mile years ago....but I can just imagine how quick and fast that thing must be in that chassis.I can't see that thing weighing much over 225lbs!!
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ