Author Topic: What 2-Stroke oil do you use?  (Read 60105 times)

Offline Hawkeye58

Re: What 2-Stroke oil do you use?
« Reply #120 on: August 03, 2013, 04:55:51 AM »
i run amsoil dominator at 50:1 and it seems great every time i have the pipe off (every ride due to pipe mounts broken) i look at the piston and cyl. and they always have looked super clean.

Ditto on the Amsoil! Great oil. I had the black spooge when I first got the bike. I converted from Belray at 40:1 with spooge.
by the second ride and ever since (nearly a year now) I have been running the Amsoil at 50:1 and there is very little smoke and no more spooge. Upon inspection there is a cleaner, and proper lubed cylinder and exhaust area.

Hawkeye :-D

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #121 on: August 03, 2013, 08:55:28 AM »
Switched to Motol 800 about 4 months ago at 50:1.
So far..... So good  8-)
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Motorrad

« Reply #122 on: August 03, 2013, 10:31:25 AM »
So far..... So good  8-)

Me too

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #123 on: August 03, 2013, 10:42:31 AM »
So far..... So good  8-)

Me too

Good thing you suggested it.
Had it sitting on the shelf  :lol:
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline alward25

« Reply #124 on: August 03, 2013, 12:35:18 PM »
i run amsoil dominator at 50:1 and it seems great every time i have the pipe off (every ride due to pipe mounts broken) i look at the piston and cyl. and they always have looked super clean.

Ditto on the Amsoil! Great oil. I had the black spooge when I first got the bike. I converted from Belray at 40:1 with spooge.
by the second ride and ever since (nearly a year now) I have been running the Amsoil at 50:1 and there is very little smoke and no more spooge. Upon inspection there is a cleaner, and proper lubed cylinder and exhaust area.

Hawkeye :-D

always Amsoil!!!
"Let there be light"

Offline Bigtim

« Reply #125 on: August 03, 2013, 02:11:09 PM »
NOT MAXIMA SUPER M!!!.......just locked up a motor on it and from what I hear I'm not the first.  Motul 800 from now on!!
are you blaming the oil? :-D :lol: :wink:

Offline Polar-Bus

« Reply #126 on: August 06, 2013, 02:25:06 AM »
Not to get too far off topic on the subject of oils, but just a heads up many of you know about my KX500 kart project, and it's running, and in the early stages of testing. Once I have reliable drivability I plan on doing some in-depth jet testing, and gathering data. When I had RPM fab my exhaust pipe I asked Joe P. to add a EGT bung in the exhaust. I have a sweet Mychron 4 data acquisition HUD that will tells me rpm's, coolant temps, and EGT's (I can actually map and overlap long rpm and egt  run sessions and save them) .  I'm sure all of you tuners want to know how "safe  lean" you can push a KX500 engine by means of EGT temps. I'd like to compare EGT temps simply from changing from 32:1 premix vs. 50:1 .
  I tried as lean as a 162 main but that felt a tad too lean and my plug looked a bit too white) Thus far most of us have jetted by experienced "ear" and "seat of the pants" but fact is EGT tuning is hardcore real time data. It will be good info for all of us.
01' KX500
'84 GPz1100
'87 GSX-R  750
'06 HD Fatboy
'73 Kawi H1
'03 CRG KX500 Shifter kart

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #127 on: August 06, 2013, 02:38:12 AM »
Looking forward to it.
Thanks!

Offline MXonaKawi

« Reply #128 on: August 14, 2013, 04:14:29 AM »
I'm planning on using Klotz Benol when my build is done. My second choice would be Maxima Castor 927.